Epilogue II

Viktor Ivanov

"I'll pay you a thousand and you don't tell anyone that I sneaked out. Do we have the deal?" I asked, glancing back and forth between my watch and my annoying sibling. 

"Two thousand," That greedy witch replied. 

"You used to take a thousand!"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Prices don't remain the same brother. Welcome to reality. Now pay up and leave."

"A thousand and five hundred?" I negotiate. 

"Thousand and eight hundred dollars. No more, no less. Now do we have the deal, dear brother?" She put her hands out with a sweet smile. Fifteen years with this creature was enough to make me realize the whole world is corrupted. 

Thankfully, I have two sisters. 

Huffing in annoyance, I fished out the money and handed it to her. "If anyone finds out, you'll pay me double."

"Deal." She said as she gave me a mocking salute. "Now go. Shu." She did a hand sign as she pushed me towards the window. 

"Alina, I'm serious. If mom finds out-"

"You have been sneaking out for a year now, have I ever let you down?" She asked with a smug face. "I'm Alina Ivanova, the first of her name, mother of night-"

I jumped out without letting her finish her words and landed smoothly. Like always, I easily managed to sneak away from the security. 

I felt like a night thief. But if this was the only way I could spend some time with her, I won't mind being one. 

By the time I reached the park, she was already there. 

Even with her back to me, she was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. 

"You're seven minutes late, Ivanov." Isabella said without turning back. "We're meeting after weeks and you're late."

"I know. I'm sorry-" Words got caught up in my mouth as she turned back to face me. How the hell does she manage to look prettier each time we meet? 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." She replied. 

"Can I kiss you?" My mouth just started working on its own. "No damn it. I didn't mean that! I mean I want to kiss you but-oh no. Fuck."

Blush crept up her neck and her face turned red matching her red dress. She looks so fucking adorable. 

"You look so cute," I said, scratching my neck, looking elsewhere but not at her. 

"You're blushing." She stated and I turned my gaze at her. 

"No." Liar. 

"Viktor, I'm not blind." She replied bluntly, her blush long gone replaced with an annoying smirk. 

I groaned. "Will you stop now!"

"You look so cute when you blush." She said as she came closer. 

As she stepped closer and closer, her scent filled my nose. Vanilla. With time, her scent became my favorite smell. 

"Let's take a walk." She grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. Perfect. 

"How much time do we have?" I asked her as we walk.

"Ten minutes before anyone notices my absence." She said and I nodded. 

We walked in silence as we enjoyed the cool breeze against our skin in the company of each other. Being born into a mafia, it was hard for both of us to sneak out and meet like this, especially with her father always on my ass. 

Giorgino Ferrari would rather die a million deaths and take me with me than see me anywhere near his daughter, let alone date her. 

That man hates me since the day I was born. 

"Crispin asked me out." She said breaking the silence and my body went stiff. 

That fucking son of a bitch. He has some guts to ask my Bella out for someone with the name Crispin. His parents must have really hated him enough to name him that. 

"And what did you do?" I ask, staring at her intensely. 

"I said yes." She replied with a proud smile. "And gave him your number. He might call you tomorrow."

I can't help but grin at her. "Smart girl."

We stayed silent for some moment, just staring at each other until she spoke up again. "When are you going?" 

I gulped as I pulled my hand away from hers. I couldn't look at her. 

"You can't keep dodging this conversation. We both knew this was coming. It's not something we can control." She said, "Just tell me already so I can be prepared."

Father was sending me to Russia to train along with some of his men. As an heir to the Russian Mafia, I need to be fit and prepared. I love my father and the mafia but I hated the idea of parting from her. 

"Honestly, I don't know either." I said with a deep sigh. "But this might be our last meeting."

"How long?" She asked, avoiding my gaze. 

"Bella," I called out but she didn't look at me. "Malyshka, please look at me." I pleaded desperately as I cupped her face. 

"I c. . can't." She sobbed, breaking my heart into a million pieces. This isn't how I planned our last meeting to be. 

"Baby, look at me." I said again and she finally looked up with tears staining her cheeks. I wiped away her tears with my thumb before planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"I'm afraid you'll find someone prettier than me after you return. I'm afraid you'll change." She said as she hugged me. "My heart won't be able to bear it, Viktor. I can't even tell you not to go."

I hugged her tighter. "Don't be sad, Bella. I'm only yours and you are mine. It was decided even before we were born and nothing can change that." I pulled away before grabbing her hand with one hand and with the other hand pulling out something from my pocket. 

"Isabella Ferrari, While I'm away from you, I want everyone to know that you’re not alone, and that someone will come for you." I said. "This is a promise ring."

Bella nodded. “I know.” She said softly as I put the ring on her finger before bringing it up to my lips and kissing it. 

"You are mine, Bella. Mine to love and cherish forever. Please wait for me." 

"I will be waiting for you, Viktor. Come back soon." She replied and I dipped my head, pressing my lips against her. 

                          ➳ ➺ ⟿ ⬳✾
A/n : yes, there will be book 2 for Vik and Bella!!!