Chapter Two

R O S A B E L L E

I woke up around 5 a.m and did some military work out before taking shower.

Surprise. I studied in military school. All thanks to Arabelle for creating problems for me. She was the one who always got into troubles and blame me and my parents, who always worship the ground she walks on, really thought I was the trouble maker and send me off aboard to some miliary school.

I felt so lonely all those years when they didn't even visit me once. But I didn't gave up and secured top in the finale exam thinking that it will make them proud and happy but I was wrong.

I thought they will be happy to see me but no, I was wrong again. They didn't give a flying fudge on me.

I envy Arabelle, but I don't want to be her.

All these years I loved her and did all my best to make her happy and in return she betrayed me.

I sighed and began to dry my wet hair with the towel when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I said loud enough for the person to hear.

A guy dressed professionally in a formal black suit came in and bowed his head. "Mrs Ivanov, Sir wants you in his office,"

I nodded and he went out without raising his head even once. Weird.

I changed into a plain white sun dress that reached till my ankle and came out from my room just to find that same guy waiting outside for me, I frowned.

I was about to ask him what he was still doing outside but my brain stopped me.

He's here to escort you, you dumbass. Do you know where his office is, do you?

I mentally cursed myself and followed that guy as he lead the way.

We just stopped out a door which I assumed is his office. I could hear yelling from inside and I frowned as I listened closely.

Suddenly the door burst open and a angry man stumbled out followed by Nikolai who had this 'I don't give a damn on you' looks.

"You'll regret it Ivanov," that man spat angrily at Nick pointing his index finger at him.

Nick glared at him. "I don't care just get the fuck out of my house,"

I stood there awkwardly as they glare at each other. Suddenly that man glanced at me and smirked, checking me from head to toe and I cringed.

"You got a beautiful wife, Ivanov." He said as he licked his lips.

Nick pounced at him and punched him before I could, and I stood there with a clenched fist.

He stood up and motioned his minions to throw that trash out of the house and they nodded before grabbing that trash from the collar.

"I'll pluck your eyes out next time if I see you staring at my wife with your disgusting eyes," he threaten in a deadly tone that will make you pee your pants, and motioned those guys to take him away.

"You'll regret it Ivanov." He yelled as the two bulky guys took him away.

I return my gaze at Nick who was already staring at me. And no I didnt blush.

He motioned me to follow him inside and I did. He went to his desk and sat down on his chair and told me to sit down.

I sat down and intertwined my finger under the table. He cleared his throat and I look up at him.

"We'll divorce after 6 months," he said and I stare at him blankly. I knew this was coming but not this soon.

"Ok," I simply replied and he looked at me with wide eyes like he didn't expect me to say that bluntly.

He composed himself and cleared hs throat again. "You won't get anything. Not even a penny from me,"

I stare at him with a cold expression. "Did I said I need your money? I don't need your money so don't worry,"

He scoffed. "That's what everyone says in the begining but at the end of the day who doesn't love money?"

I nodded. "Of course who doesn't love money?" I said and he sneered.

"I just don't need yours," I said with a cold face and he stare blankly at me.

"Why?"

"I don't take things from strangers," I said and I saw a hurt flash in his eyes before he covered it with a cold glare matching mine.

"Fine. Don't come complaining afterwards," he said.

Didn't he earlier said that he won't give me a penny? Now why will I complain afterwards when he, himself said that he won't even give me a penny? Not that I need anyway. I have my savings which I can use it for some years so I don't have to worry.

Then he took out a golden card before stretching it out to me and I gave him a confused look.

"Use this card if you need anything. As long as you carry my name, you use my money." He said as he shoved the card into my hand.

Thats it.

I slammed the card in his table and glared at him. "Don't you get it? When I said I don't want your money it means I don't want it,"

I was about to go out when he grabbed me by my arm and slammed me into the wall. I wince in pain but he didn't move instead he glared at me.

"And I said as long as you carry my name, you use my money." He hissed. "And don't use that tone on me."

"You don't order me Nikolai." I spat at him angrily as he glared a me. "I'm not your employee,"

"You are my wife and you'll listen to me even if you like it or not," he growled and I smirked at him.

"Correction. I'm not your wife, I'm just a replacement who will be gone in 6 months," I said smiling bitterly at the thought of my sister.

He let go of me at once and I rubbed my arms where he grabbed earlier which were surely going to leave a bruises.

He clenched his jaw as he closed his eyes, his fist clenching and unclenching.

"Get.Out." He gritted out but I didn't move. I couldn't.

"I said GET OUT," he yelled as he slammed his fist in the wall and I ran out slamming the door close, scared that he might follow me and kill me without thinking twice.

I ran back to my room, closed the door and placed my hand on my heart which was beating like I ran a marathon as I breath heavily.

Why did he suddenly got angry?

I slide down the door and sat there catching my breathe.

"You have to be careful around him, Rosabelle," I said to myself as I let out a heavily breath. "He have all the reasons in the world to kill you. One wrong move and your done."

I made sure to leave the room only after I heard him leave for work.

                               « ★ »