Prologue

"What are you doing here?" Arthit asked, not having to look to know that it was Kongpob who was behind him. "Don't you have a...client?" He spat the word out as though it left a bad taste in his mouth before he reached for the drink the bartender passed to him. He drank it all in one gulp before setting the glass down, cringing at the taste.

Kongpob ignored his questions, sinking into the barstool next to him. 

"Why'd you come back?" he asked, not looking at Arthit as he motioned for the bartender to get him a drink as well. "I never expected to see you again when you walked out."

A soft snort left Arthit as he cradled the empty glass in his hands. 

"Yeah, well, I didn't expect to run into your sister," he replied dryly, almost bitterly as he glanced at the man next to him. 

"When I came back to talk to you, I didn't expect to find you with another man either."

There was silence as Kongpob took a drink and then he let out a soft sigh. 

"It's my job," he reminded the other, turning to look at him with a deep frown. 

"You don't own me, Rojnapat. You never have."

"You looked so..."

"Why are you here, Arthit?" Kongpob cut him off, turning back to his drink as he waited for an answer, playing with the rim of his drink.

It was Arthit's turn to fall silent. He looked away and looked down at his empty glass, remembering how empty Kongpob's eyes had looked minutes before.

"May told me that you were in love with me," he finally replied, not looking at the other man out of fear. He wasn't sure why, but he needed to hear the truth from Kongpob, even if it was rejection. "Is it true?"

"I was Once, Not Anymore"

Happy Ending / Sad ending depends on the likes and comments. The Story is of 9k words. I would love to know, how would you all like to read it? as chapters or a one or two shot? 

Cover credits @lazylioness555 Thank you. This is incredible.