Reality

>>Matthew

I sat in my place, my thoughts drifting towards Clio when the door opened again.

"I have one more question," Harou came back into the room and I rolled my eyes at him.

"What?"

He walked over to the desk, "You didn't leave the city last month, did you?"

"No," I replied, "I was here the whole month."

He nodded, "Well, that fact alone could expel you from suspicion of being the head hunter because that girl, Lily, was murdered in City D." He folded his arms, "But I wonder..." He kept his eyes on me, unsure what to say because nothing was making sense to him.

But I was not going to help him. He should suffer alone.

I shook my head at him when a zapping sense went through my body and I stood up with my eyes wide.

"What's wrong with you?" Harou stepped back in response to my action.

"I have to leave," I immediately knew something was wrong

"Hey!"

Something was happening to my mate and I had no time to waste.

I ran towards the door while Harou ran after me, "Where the hell are you going!" He asked.

"We're done!" I told him, "If you need anything more, call me later!" I went out of the office towards the employee's area only to see the office filled but with no sign of my mate.

I looked at Bizy, "Where did Clio go?'

He stood up, "He wasn't feeling well," He answered, "So he took a half leave and went home." He looked concerned, "Is something wrong?" He asked, "Should I not have given him the leave?"

My wolf howled in my mind, telling me to hurry up, "No," I shook my head, "It's fine," I gulped, "So he said he was going home?"

"Yes sir,"

I nodded and didn't waste any time as I ran out.

***

>>Clio

The deafening sound of gunshots echoed in the air.

They came out of nowhere and I had no idea what had happened. But then I felt something wet splatter off me and the sound of heavy thuds made me shoot my eyes open

Huh!?!

The two people standing over me were gone

What?

My heart was still drumming in my ears as I shot my head around and noticed both Dani and Kagan on the ground.

What the hell!?!? I breathed heavily as my hand reached for my cheek to feel what had gotten on me.

Why are they both suddenly on the ground? It took me a moment to process things. I felt something like a dense liquid on my cheek and I swiped it on my finger and looked at it.

Red?

It was red

And that was when I noticed both Dani and Kagan were bleeding.

My heart did a flip.

"OH! SHIT!"

They were bleeding! Oh! HELL! WHAT!?!?

"You're a little slow today," Another voice made its way towards me and I shot my head towards the door, "Didn't think I'd catch you in this state." My eyes went wide as I saw Zhou-Lin.