Release

>>Clio

"I-I'm a guy though!" I felt the panic rise in me.

Oddly, I felt my cheeks heat up a little as well. What is wrong with me?!? I looked away. Why do I feel shy?!?

"Oh," Matthew pondered on his words, "Did I offend you?" He let out a soft exhale, "Right, I shouldn't be calling a man pretty." He looked apologetic, "But I didn't mean anything bad from it."

It's not that.

I didn't mind it at all, being called pretty... But I couldn't bring myself to say those words out loud. Only my mom had ever called me pretty, or some random people but they were making fun of me.

I looked at him again and noticed that he never took his eyes off of me, and for some reason, it got my heart to act strange. This was the first time someone has called me pretty and they actually mean it.

But

our eyes locked in a silent exchange.

Why would he say that to me?

It was as if time stood still, and the world around us faded into the background, leaving only his gaze and mine, searching for understanding in the other person's gaze.

Just why? I found myself wondering about it more than I should.

"Matthew!"

!!!

Hearing a third voice made me snap out of my trance. Rameen came running back, "I'm back!!" She grabbed the bars again and I broke the eye contact I had with the boss and looked away, "They're letting you go!"

I felt weird at the moment. We had a moment there, didn't we?

How strange...

"Really now?" Matthew seemed satisfied and he looked at the detective who came back to the cell with the keys in his hands.

"Unfortunately," Harou shook his head, "Your lawyer called." He went and opened the door and Matthew stepped out. He glanced at me but I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Darling!" Rameen grabbed his arm, "Let's go on a date."

Matthew pinched her nose, "You better go home,"

"Ah~" She pulled her face away, "I don't want to go home!" But clung onto Matthew's arm, "Take me with you."

I found the view odd. I knew there wasn't anything between them. I saw how Matthew was treating her but I felt a bit uncomfortable. So I turned around and got ready to leave.

"Your mom is waiting for you at home," Matthew flicked her forehead, "Go,"

"NO~!"

"Let me go," Matthew yanked his arm away, "There are bound to be reporters outside and I have to leave,"

"Hmph!!" Rameen remained persistent.

"I need to give them a statement for the sake of the company." Matthew looked at me, "Clio," I paused as soon as I started walking and looked back, "Can you take her home?"

Rameen paused, "Well," She turned her head and stared at me, "I might go if he takes me." She grinned, "I like to be accompanied by cute boys."

"Ah, well," I wasn't sure, I wasn't feeling very well but maybe that was just because I felt a rush of a lot of emotions in a short amount of time.

"Off you go," The boss got her off of himself and pushed her towards me, "I have a lot to do." He didn't waste any time and made his way out of the front door which was swarmed by reporters.