Afterword

What do you do when the world is, in every way, against you?

One tried to live in it without a care for anything and anyone but herself, and the other tried to make it better for everyone else. In the end, she sacrificed her humanity for him, and he avenged his people by becoming the man he hated the most.

Sounds swoon-worthy, amirite?

This story has come a long way from its small beginnings as an ONC novella. I've always thought that it wouldn't stay just a novella because the world-building here was something I wanted to expand on, but I didn't know how to start. Fast forward to as I'm writing this note, I don't think I'm as attached to a storyline as FFTC's (sorry The New Olympians Saga lol). It's still a work in progress, but I love where the world of Salym is going. 

Of course, none of this was possible without you. Yes you, reader, the one who's reading this right now. I wouldn't even have the courage to publish my stories in this little orange app if there weren't people like you giving them a chance. Wattpad has become my corner of craziness where I can freely share things without feeling judged and unheard. So, this reticent seer wants to say thank you from the bottom of her heart.

As always, this is not the end of the story---that's what you get from someone who can't write standalones if it saved her life lol. Fortune Favors the Cursed is part of the Legends of Salym universe (omg that sounds too official and on the nose isn't it?) and it's the first book! The upcoming sequels (the ones I'm planning to write anyway) are gonna be like spin-offs that you can read without needing to read the first book(s). Characters from one book might or might not appear in another, so that's a fun surprise to watch out for!

I'll end this afterword with a big shoutout to Exequinne (It was about time I did this thing XD)! You have no idea how precious your feedback was for the raw mess FFtC was when you read through it. I can't express my appreciation for you enough. You're also one of the few people I met here on Wattpad who's made an impression on me, with your awesomeness and inspiring work ethic (keep cranking up those new stories!). Thanks so much for being the awesome hooman that you are! Long live the supremacae!

I'd also like to thank dwellerindarkness, my cool-as-heck mentor from the Astania Community. Thank you for giving FFtC the right feedback it needed and for listening to my kinda wild ideas while I was writing its better drafts. I never thought I needed the latter, and as I've said before, I'm one lucky gal for having me as your mentee, hihi.

 I never thought I needed the latter, and as I've said before, I'm one lucky gal for having me as your mentee, hihi