Warmth

Shehnaaz placed the hot coffee on the dining platter when she heard the sounds of his shoe-soles striking against the stairs as he stepped down the stairs.

"B-breakfast is ready." she spoke, feeling his hot breath against the side of her throat as he held the front of her waist and smooched kisses all over the back of her neck, putting all her hair on the side of her neck.

"Good girl." he praised making her smile a bit.

For 5 minutes they didn't speak at all while he quietly ate his breakfast, she was just staring at him and felt a sob building in her throat coz of how he doesn't talk to her at all when once upon a time all his attention was only reserved for her..

-FLASHBACK-

"SHEHNAAZ, Shehnaaz wait please!"

Shehnaaz gulped hearing his voice behind her when she was walking in the college ground. She remembered her father's words and grit her teeth, telling herself to not be good to Sidharth and ignore him.

"Khushi, just a moment." he suddenly came infront of her making her breathing fasten but she kept her face expressionless and devoid of any emotions.

"Leave me alone! You are truly the biggest loser in the world." Khushi screamed before he suddenly knelt infront of her, he held her hand and inserted his fingers in his pocket before taking out a simple yet elegant silver locket from it.

"Shehnaaz.. sweetheart.." Sidharth smiled sweetly, putting that locket in her hand. "This is my Maa's. I want you to have it.. you'll keep it, right? You'll wear it?"

Her eyes widened and tears were pushing into them seeing his nice gesture but she shut her eyes before jerking that locket making it fall down on the dirty ground. Sidharth got up shockingly.

"Why will I keep this? Are you out of your stupid mind? I don't care about you and I don't care about your ugly locket. Get away from my sight!"

-FLASHBACK OVER-

"SHEHNAAZ!"

Sidarth's loud voice made her break out of her thoughts and she found herself hissing as she had accidentally dipped her hand in the hot bowl of curry while she was lost thinking about the past. She screamed in pain, Sidharth immediately got up holding her arm and dragging her to the wash basin.

"Tum paagal ho gai ho? Cant you see dammit?!?!!" he turned on the cold water and washed her swollen hand about 10 times before bringing it near his lips and blowing air on it. She suddenly smiled, surprising him.

"Tum sach mei paagal ho gai ho. Why the hell are you smiling?"

"I-I was just thinking of that day when you tried to offer me your mother's locket and thats why I got distracted and hurt my hand.. and now you're caring for me." Shehnaaz spoke with tears glittering in her eyes.

Sidharth swallowed, letting go of her hand.

"I'm not caring for you. I just.. don't want you to get hurt coz if you would, who will be there to satisfy me? You need to be proper and healthy all the time." he scoffed making her smile drop.

"A-An-nyway, I'm sorry about that locket. It was not ugly.. it was so beauti-"

"SHUT UP!" Sidharth roared turning to her and clutching her hair roughly in his palm, she gasped as he pulled her towards him and looked down angrily in her eyes. "Don't you DARE talk about that locket with me, it was my deceased mother's and you broke it. Don't ever talk of the past with me.. don't you ever bring up anything what happened in the past EVER. Don't you dare remind me of how dumbly lovesick I was to fall in love with a bratty spoiled princess like you. DON'T YOU EVER F*CKING DARE! Samjhi tum?!"