Chapter Seven

Alexstruggled to exhale in Bria's embrace, but he couldn't bare to pushher away. He wasn't sure who should have been in more shock, him forfinding out she was a werewolf or her for discovering his terriblesecret. The sound of sirens could be heard again and seemed to begetting closer. They did not have much time.

"Bria,you should get your clothes on and get out here before the cops showup." Alex gasped for air: the hit to his lungs, when he hadfallen on the boxes, was making it difficult for him to breathe.Releasing him Bria moved away and picked up her clothes putting themon in a very calm manner. When she was done, Alex tried to get to hisfeet only to stagger and fall back down. She rushed over to himgrabbing under his arms and lifting him up.

"No,what you doing? You need to get out of here before they come. Justleave me behind, they can get me to the hospital," he orderedher as his legs shook under his weight.

Theyonly made it a few steps before he crumpled to the ground.

"Bria,please go you can't help me walk, I got nothing."

Briasighed as she scooped him up in her arms with great ease.

"Justso you know, I don't find helplessness very sexy," Bria smiled,as she started to run down the alley, they came from.

Whenthey got out on the street, a new concern crossed Alex's mind.

"Briaput me down what are people going to think when they see aone-hundred-forty pound or so woman caring a two-hundred-fifty-poundman with ease."

Briajust chuckled a little, as she turned onto her street.

"It'sdark, no one's around, and we will only out in the open for asecond."

Havingto take a second to think about what she had said, Alex suddenlyrealized they were heading towards Bria's house.

"Waita second, I need to go to the hospital, I can barely breathe or evenstand up."

"Notto mention all the pain you are probably in," said Bria sadly.

Thewalk up the front steps of her house was painful with each step. Hisweight caused Bria's footfalls to impact heavily. He was surprisedwhen she unlocked the door without even putting him down. He hadnever been in her house before, the entirety of which seemed to becarpeted, with ranch-style furniture and various knickknacks in everyroom. Alex didn't think the decorations were really Bria's taste. Itmust have been done by the roommate he'd never met.

Shetook him into the living room and gently placed him down on a couch.The second she did Alex tried to get up, but it seemed she didn'thave it.

Briagrabbed him on the shoulders and applied gentle force to make him laydown. He tried to resist saying he was okay he didn't need to, butshe put up such a fuss that eventually agreed to lay down. Once shewas sure he wasn't going anywhere, she went into the kitchen and cameback with a glass of water.

"Drink,"she told him handing him the glass.

Hedrank it instantly, not wanting to cause another fuss. The water wascold and made his chest sore as it went down.

"Iwill be back in a minute, just calling someone to come look at you,"Bria said taking back the glass and striding out of the room.

"Youknow a doctor who calls?" he called after her.

"Shebetter, she lives here too," Bria replied from the next room.

Alexcould hear her dialling on a phone. Then there was a moment ofsilence and until she said, "Hey Dakota I really need you tocome home, your medical expertise is needed."