Chapter 5: The Past Always Comes Back To Haunt You

The Bee team was all relaxing when the alarm went off.
"Decepticon signal in sector 7." Fixit said.
"What's his ID?" Bee asked.
"His name is Wheelspin, a Decepticon activist who started several riots not long after the great war ended, he was also responsible for the death of the original high council, including former Decepticon medic and member Highspeed." Fixit said.
None of the others noticed Sideswipe tense up.

Flashback:
Two young bots, one red, one gold were walking through the streets.
"Are you sure this bot can be relied on Sunstreaker." The red bot said nervously.
"Of course Sideswipe, he's a Decepticon like us, and don't get me wrong, I know Highspeed is trying to help us, but she doesn't seem to fully understand how bad this is." Sunstreaker said.
"I guess, I've told her time and time again the council don't care about us, what was his name again?" Sideswipe asked.
"Wheelspin." Sunstreaker said.

The present:
Sideswipe snapped back to attention when he heard Bumblebee saying his name.
"Sideswipe, are you alright?" Bee asked.
"Oh, yeah I'm fine." Sideswipe nodded.
"You sure?" Bee asked.
Sideswipe nodded giving Bee a fake smile.

"Alright, let's rev up and roll out." Bee said.
The Bee team transformed and headed out.
As they drove Sideswipe started thinking again.

Flashback:
Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were standing in front of a large black and gold mech, his piercing purple optics looking down at the two young mexhs in front of him.

"So, it's my help you seek." The mech said.
"Yes sir, we've heard of the things you've done to help our kind, we want to be a part of it." Sunstreaker said.
Sideswipe just nodded, unsure what to say.
"Well then, follow me." The mech said turning and walking away.
Sideswipe and Sunstreaker followed.

The present:
The team arrived at the coordinates and drew their weapons.
"Alright team, be vigilant, he's near." Bee said.

The team slowly moved forward weapons at the ready.
They saw a tall shadow nearby and Bee signaled for the team to surround him.
They did as ordered and Bee spoke up.
"Servos in the air, you're under arrest." Bee ordered.

Wheelspin surveyed each member of the Bee team, then his optics landed on Sideswipe, a cold sneer making its way onto his face.
"Hello Sideswipe." Wheelspin said.
"Sideswipe, you know him? " Strongarm asked surprised.
"It's so nice to see you again." Said in a cold drawl.
"Maybe more for you than it is for me." Sideswipe growled.

"Now is that any to treat your old friend, I'm all you have left, with Highspeed gone." Wheelspin sneered.
"You aren't fit to say her name." Sideswipe snarled, a venom in his voice none of the team had heard before.
"And you are, I'm surprised, especially since you caused her death." Wheelspin said.

Flashback:
(two weeks after Sunstreaker'death)
As quietly as he could Sideswipe snuck out of the apartment he now alone shared with his guardian Highspeed.
He transformed and started to drive down the street.
Unbeknown to him, Highspeed had seen him and she quickly followed him.

She arrived in a street and quickly hid as she saw Sideswipe approach Wheelspin.
"It's been a while Sideswipe." Wheelspin said.
"I need to talk to you." Sideswipe said.
"What about?" Wheelspin said.

"I can't do this anymore Wheelspin, these protests have led to nothing but chaos and now Sunstreaker is dead." Sideswipe said.
"He died to help our cause." Wheelspin said.

"HELP OUR CAUSE, Wheelspin these protests are not helping at all, the council are ignorant to how Decepticons are suffering, everything Sunstreaker and I have done to help you has done nothing, if you want to truly help our kind you'd stop these protests, anything is better than what you're doing!" Sideswipe exclaimed.

At this point Highspeed decided she had heard enough and stepped out from her hiding place.
"We seem to have company." Wheelspin said, distaste evident in his tone.

Sideswipe turned and his optics widened in horror.
"Highspeed." Sideswipe said.
"Sideswipe please listen, he won't help you or the others, but we can bring him in." Highspeed said.
"So you heard, you know." Sideswipe said fearfully.
"Sideswipe, whatever it is you've done, whatever crimes you've committed, you can make up for it now by helping me stop him." Highspeed said trying to get through to the young bot.

Sideswipe closed his optics tears welling in his optics as he struggled to think.
"I'm afraid." He said.
"I know you are." Highspeed said.
Sideswipe opened his optics, an almost cold look them.
"I'm afraid it's too late." Sideswipe said drawing his sword.
"No." Highspeed said horrified.

Sideswipe lunged forward and Highspeed quickly drew her sword and blocked the blow.
Their swords clashed for a few moments before Highspeed suddenly vanished from sight.
Sideswipe looked around for her, Wheelspin smirking in the background.

Sideswipe jolted slightly as he heard Highspeed's voice.
"I am on your side Sideswipe, I stepped from my position on the council, you were right about so many things, the council should have listened, Sunstreaker did not have to die." Highspeed said.
Sideswipe closed heart a optics again as the mention of his twins' name made his spark clench.

Sideswipe suddery spotted her and the two immediately began dueling again.
After several minutes Sideswipe had Highspeed pinned to the ground and rose his sword ready to strike.
"Sideswipe...please." Highspeed begged.
Sideswipe closed his optics as he swung his sword downwards.

It slammed into the ground in front of them.
Sideswipe collapsed onto his knees his whole frame shuddering as he sobbed Violently.
Highspeed hugged the young mech.
"I knew you weren't like him." She smiled.

Suddenly a shot ran through the air and Highspeed saw a smoking hole in chest, she collapsed onto the ground.
"HIGHSPEED!" Sideswipe exclaimed in horror, taking his guardian's hand.
"Don't worry Sideswipe, you'll be fine without me, you'll find your way." Highspeed said looking up at the frightened teen.
"But you're the one who saved me." Sideswipe said looking into her optics.
"I love you Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and I, we love you so much." Highspeed said her optics going dull as she offlined.

"Highspeed." Sideswipe said looking at the dead body of his guardian.
"Such a great loss." Wheelspin said, though he didn't sound particularly sad.
Sideswipe stood up and walked backwards slightly.
"And just what are you doing.?" Wheelspin demanded.
"Giving you a clear shot." Sideswipe said.

Wheelspin pointed his blaster at Sideswipe and was about to fire when suddenly Sideswipe ran forward grabbing his sword, lodging it in Wheelspin's chest with a mighty swing.
Sideswipe heard sirens in the distance and without looking back he transformed and fled away into the night.

Present:
With a roar of rage Sideswipe lunged forward and swung his Decepticon hunter at Wheelspin, the two beginning another duel.
The Bee team trying to help where they could, but Wheelspin kept his focus on Sideswipe.

Sideswipe swung at Wheelspin again but the Decepticon slashed into his Decepticon hunter which began emitting sparks violently.
"Frag." Sideswipe cursed and threw it at Wheelspin.

There was a colossal explosion and when the dust had cleared the weapon was destroyed and Wheelspin was unconscious on the ground.
He was quickly cuffed and hauled through the groundbridge, being put in a stasis pod as soon as he was through.

Sideswipe went to his quarters, he couldn't even bear to look at his team.
Especially now that they knew his darkened past.