chapter 3: dwelling

Jetstorm awoke with a gasp, he'd had another nightmare.
He pulled his knees up to his chest as tears rolled from his optics, he could feel his whole frame trembling.
He hated these nightmares, but he just couldn't get rid of them, why couldn't they just go away.

Sighing he got up from his berth and grabbed the music player Sideswipe had gotten him for his birthday a few months ago and as quietly as he could left their room to get a cube of energon.
After drinking the energon cube he sat atop the ledge overlooking the scrapyard.

He reached over for his music player and for a while simply basked in the melodious feeling that the music provided.
He sat like this for a while before getting up and deciding to head back to the scrapyard.
As he got up, the song "creep" started playing on Jetstorm's music player.
Despite the overall dark tone of the song he rather liked it, in a way it resonated with him.

The song played as he walked back down to the scrapyard and through the gates.
He came to a stop in front of a stasis pod and shuddered at the form inside.
It was him.

Even unconscious Shadow Raker's form seemed to sneer down at Jetstorm shivered at the unpleasant memories just looking at his former master gave him, yet at the same time he couldn't look away.
Jetstorm was worried that Shadow Raker would break out and most likely come after him and his brother.
Drift had assured both him and Slipstream that the pod was sealed tight and there was no way Shadow Raker would escape.

But for once Jetstorm didn't fully believe his teacher.
He knew fine well Shadow Raker has escaped far worse than this and he had a nagging suspicion thst he wasn't quite through seeing his former master yet.

Unable to look at the pod anymore Jetstorm went to the command center and sat down against the cold metal exterior that was the former front section of the Alchemor.
He reached for his music player and turned it back on.
Jetstorm could feel his optics becoming heavier and heavier and at some point the darkness swallowed him whole.

Meanwhile Optimus was approaching the command center.
He had gone for a night time drive, as he often did to try and relax and was just returning.
When he returned he recognised the faint sound of what he recognised as Music playing from near the command center.

He arrived at the command center and saw a form he recognised as Jetstorm passed out in front of him.
Worried he knelt down and performed a quick scan of the young minicon relieved to find he was only recharging.
However he decided he would have Ratchet check him over just in case.
Comming Ratchet to meet him at the medical tent Optimus picked up Jetstorm and carried him with ease to the medical tent.

Ratchet met him at the tent alongside Drift.
"Is he alright?" Drift asked looking extremely worried.
"He's fine Drift, I just want Ratchet to run a few scans just to be sure." Optimus said.
Drift nodded though he didn't look very reassured.

Optimus lay Jetstorm down on the berth.
Ratchet ran his scanner over the young minicon.
Once that was done he looked at the results.
"Drift, has he been sleeping?" Ratchet asked.
"He says he has, but I honestly doubt he has." Drift said.

"Well he definitely hasn't, he hasn't slept in 2 weeks, his systems eventually crashed as a result." Ratchet said.
"What can I do to help him?" Drift asked.
"I'm going to give him a sedative to help him tonight, but I suggest trying to talk to him, if he won't talk to you I would suggest someone who knows how to deal with trauma like his." Ratchet said.

"Windblade mentioned she had a friend named Chromia who is a therapist, she said she would talk to her about getting her to talk to Jetstorm, I may have her talk to Slipstream as well, he hasn't said so but I believe he is also suffering." Drift said.
"Good idea, I know very well about this sort of thing." Ratchet said nodding.

Ratchet went to prep the sedative.
Drift looked over at Jetstorm who had begun to stir.
"Huh, what's going on?" Jetstorm asked in a panicked voice looking around rapidly.
Before Drift could do anything Optimus went over to Jetstorm and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Everything is alright, you should be resting young one." Optimus said in a reassuring voice.
"I can't, I'm scared." Jetstorm said tears streaming from his optics.
"Everything is alright little one, you're safe." Optimus said rubbing Jetstorm's shoulder comfortingly.
Something the prime said must of worked because Jetstorm closed his optics and was immediately fast asleep.
"It comes from experience." Optimus said seeing the suprised look on Drift's face.
Ratchet administered the sedative and after a moment allowed Drift to take Jetstorm back to the ship.

Slipstream was awake when Drift returned.
"Is he alright, master Drift?" Slipstream asked.
"He is fine now Slipstream." Drift said setting Jetstorm down on his berth.
Drift sighed before looking at Slipstream.

"Slipstream, a friend of Windblade is coming tomorrow to...talk with you and Jetstorm." Drift said.
"You mean a therapist." Slipstream said seeing right through Drift's words.
"Yes." Drift said nodding.

Slipstream was about to speak but Drift interrupted.
"And before you say you don't need it, you do, you are just as upset as Jetstorm is, you were trying to hide it but I can tell, I know you well enough Slipstream." Drift said.
Slipstream sighed and nodded, admittedly he was extremely tense, and had been since Shadow Raker had been captured, but he thought he'd gotten good at hiding it by now.

Drift seemed to notice what Slipstream was thinking and pulled the young minicon closer, very much like you would an upset child.
Slipstream and Jetstorm basically were kids.

"You shouldn't have to hide your feelings Slipstream, they are every bit as important to me as everybody else's, I don't want you to be upset or scared to communicate how you feel." Drift said.
Slipstream tensed visibly then sighed.
"Admittedly I am worried master, he has escaped far worse than this in the past and if he does escape, he could hurt me and Jetstorm again." Slipstream said.

"Listen to me Slipstream, you are my students and therefore my responsibility, if he wants to get near you, he'll have to pry you from my sparkless husk." Drift said.
Slipstream seemed slightly reassured but Drift could tell hevwas still worried.
"Rest Slipstream, we will discuss this more in the morning." Drift said.

Slipstream nodded and lay down falling back to sleep.
Drift watched both his students for a moment to make sure they were both peacefully resting before laying down and falling asleep himself.

Cybertron:
Chromia looked over the two files she was given.
Windblade had contacted her earlier in the day and asked if she could speak to a close friend's, pupils as she put it.
She was now studying the files before she left.

Name: Slipstream

Age: 15

Personality: loyal, kind, humble, slightly stubborn

Issues that need addressing: will often not talk about issues that bother him, doesn't believe his opinions are valid despite being told they are, will often bottle up anger or stress and won't discuss it

Chromia frowned, that certainly wasn't good, she'd dealt with this sort of thing herself and she knew it was never good to bottle up stress or anger.
However she was confident she could get through to him.
She turned to the other file.

Name: Jetstorm

Age: 12

Personality: kind, loyal, brave, stubborn, humorous, adventurous and full of energy
He also loves music

Issues that need addressing: like Slipstream he often won't talk about issues that bother him, will often close himself off when upset, severe lack of confidence in himself despite reassurance from others, like Slipstream will often bottle up anger or stress

Chromia's frown deepened as she read Jetstorm's file, clearly she was going to have her work cut out with these two, but she was going to do her best to help them.

She packed a few things then went to her assistant Moonracer.
"Moonracer, I need to leave for a little while, could you take charge while I'm gone?" She asked.
"Of course." Moonracer said nodding.
Chromia thanked her and left.

As she left she got on the comm, she knew another bot who could help her, a bot she knew would also be very happy to return to Earth.