Chapter 23 ↣ apologise

It's quiet for a while, I don't really know what to say anymore, no words can fix anything I've done, at least not to Chris or Tessa.
"Why don't you try and make up with Chris, you know you want to" Nick says. But I don't want to.
"I can't, I don't like him Nick, he's a bad person"
"He did a bad thing yes, but he's not a bad person Gia, you have to understand that. I'm not asking you to forgive him, but at least try and hear him out, please? It's been years, you have to get over it sometime."
I sigh and shake my head, there's no way I'm making up with Chris.
"No Nick, we're better off like this, like we've always been."
"But you're not though, you seem so unhappy, you know he makes you happy inside, and I love that for you, it's just that you lied to us. You know you can tell me anything"
It's true, I am unhappy, but my mind doesn't link the two together, Chris can't make me happy, no way.

"I don't want to be with Chris." That was a lie. God, I can't stop lying to myself and to my best friends.
"Just go talk to him okay? He hasn't eaten yet, and he's really really moody." Matt says, as he rubs the top of my arm.
I stand up and nod, "fine." I say, before leaving the room.

I walk downstairs, finding Chris laying on the couch, watching the ceiling.
I stand in front of him, and he notices me, he sits up and stares at me.
I sigh and sit myself down next to him, here goes nothing, again.
The silence lasts a while, before I decide to break it.
"I'm sorry for not hearing you out. You know, in middle school. I just turned on you without knowing what you were feeling. It was wrong of me, but I still hate you Chris, you hurt me bad."
It took me a second to say all that, because I didn't want to, he doesn't deserve it.

"You're only saying that because Nick told you to apologise. He told me to apologise to you as well."
I huff, because I should've known Chris wasn't going to apologise first, "well, I'm not apologising for what I did, I'm just saying I should've heard you out, that's all."
"Okay."
I shake my head at him, "so you're not going to talk to me then? You're just going to be stubborn?"
"You told me earlier we were done, we don't talk like this when we hate eachother."
"Speak then. What do you want to say to me?"
He sighs and rubs his forehead.
"I thought things were going well, until you fought Tessa, that was crazy-"
"I didn't fight her but okay."
"Alright, but then you basically slammed the door in my face and told me we're done, no explanation apart from 'we don't work', we haven't even tried Gia. One bad thing happens and you give up on everything, you always fucking do that."
I give him a very very annoyed look, because how can he say it's just one thing, he has no idea what's going on with me.

I scoff, "how can you say that? It hasn't just been the fallout with my friends, I've been confused in myself, pressured in school by teachers and my dad, looking after myself and my sister all the fucking time and dealing with your bullshit, you don't know shit about what's going on with me, you don't even like me."
"I don't even like you? I'm the one that said we should try, I was the one who gave you a chance even when I hate you more than anything, I don't know why we bothered, we don't like each other, we were just trying to be civil."
I'm confused, because we did like each other, and I did think he liked me.
"So it was all just faked then? You faked it?" My voice raises.
"No, I didn't fucking fake it! I did like you, but then i realised how could I ever like the person that I despise the most, and the person that despises me the most? I don't like you Gia, I hate you. You've ruined me, completely."

My stomach drops, and Matt and Nick walk in. My face is still, I didn't ruin Chris, he ruined me. We ruined each other.
I look back at him once more, before he scoffs and walks up the stairs.
I let out an exaggerated groan, and sit on the couch, burying my face into my hands.
"I told you it wouldn't work. It's just made things worse."
"I didn't think it'd go like that, I thought you guys would talk it out, especially because of the dance."
Shit, the winter formal is next week and I'm certain the group is going. We went last year and it was so fun, but I didn't have a date and it felt lonely, which is why I don't want to go this year.
"What?" I say, as I lift my head up to Nick.
"Yeah, uh Chris was going to ask you to the dance, corny I know, but he was. He did like you Gia, he just doesn't understand you. And I don't think you understand him. All you do is shout at each other, no wonder you can't solve fights."
Chris was going to ask me? Am I dreaming?
I sit there in complete shock, but my face remaining still.
"Yeah, well, I'm not going. I love you both so much, but Chris and I are completely done, it was stupid anyway, we can't even talk to each other."

I stand up and walk towards the door, Nick trying to tell me something, but my head is drowning out the sound of anyones noise but my own. I leave the house with an empty heart, almost feeling worse than when I came here. I didn't even intend to speak with Chris, and now my head hurts, pounding against my skull. I need to go to bed.

Notes
Okayyyy, sorry it's short :))
Also Sorry for the delayed upload, I was busy with school but here's the next part! Enjoyyy <3