Chapter 4 ↣ alone

I groan, as I sit myself up in my bed. I check my phone.
*5 missed calls from Nickk <3*
Nickk <3
Gia, we're sorry, we're just worried, please talk to me
Matt didn't mean to upset you, he's sorry, call me
Read

I'm starved, and I don't feel like talking to anyone, I want to be alone, forever. The time is 11.28pm, I've been asleep for 7 hours? Wow.
I stumble into the kitchen, and grab a pot of noodles, heating them up and pouring them into a bowl, I take my makeup off, and get back into bed. I turn in my tv and watch pretty little liars my comfort show, probably why Im such a great liar.
I eat my noodles, they taste of nothing, but I can feel the spice tingling my tongue. I think. I'm bored and wide awake, moms at work and dads asleep, pretty sure Janae is at her friends, so I decide to shove my crocs on, and throw on a hoodie. I'm going out.

I leave my house, and walk. Walk to wherever I can, in the hopes no one sees me, or finds me for that matter. I walk to the park, the lonely field, and I lay, watching the stars. Breathing in and out, yearning for this burden of Sam to leave my head. It's now 12.03am, I'm wide awake, admiring the twinkling lights in the sky. Peace at last, or so I thought.
I hear voices, they're faded, so I can't make them out. I sit up, taking in my surroundings, two tall, male figures coming toward me. Shit. I'm about to get kidnapped. I froze, unsure on what to do. I feel absolutely useless, especially how I let Sam treated me that night. They come closer, and I accept my fate, closing my eyes shut, begging for forgiveness in my head. Nothing. Silence. I open my eyes, one of them has left, and one is coming toward me.
"Gia?"

What? I sit there, confused. It's Chris, not now, I wanted to be alone, now I'm not. Great.
"Oh it's you, what are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same thing" he says, sitting opposite me, keeping his distance, as he should.
"I wanted to be alone, but you ruined it"
"Yeah, as if you don't ruin everything, Gia" he said it in a jokey insulting way, the way we always do, but it stung, first I ruin my time with Sam, then I ruin mine and my sisters trust, then I probably have ruined my friendship with Matt and Nick and Alahna, and I've definitely ruined myself.
"Fuck you Chris. What the hell is wrong with you? Coming out here ruining my time alone, I'm sick of everyone and everything getting in my way. Can I not have something for once, myself ALONE? Of course not, you just have to make my life a living hell, I should've just left when I saw you coming." I shout, getting louder.
"Alright, I don't know what the fuck is up with you, but fix up, alright? You make my life a living hell, just like I make yours, right? I know you and Sam didn't work out, but that's no reason to take it out on Nick and Matt, and me, you've been heartbroken by a boy who kissed you at a party, get over it. He obviously didn't want anything more" he says, his voice projecting onto me.

His words cut me, I hate Chris, but we never argued like this, like actual arguments. It was always meaningless crap, but if he wanted to play this game, I can do it twice as hurtful.
"For fuck sake Chris, I can't believe you think you know anything about me, you're such a waste of time, and you're so stupid, when will you realise that, your a fucking loser who deserves nothing, you don't know me at ALL."
"Alright, It's not as if I've known you from 3rd grade, hung out with our group everyday ever since? Are you that fucking dumb, of course I know you, and god, I know you didn't sleep with Sam because I know you, but stop taking it out on others that you've been rejected, get over it, dummy."
I'm going to lose it.
"CHRIS, I wasn't fucking rejected, he kissed me, I liked it, until he carried on, I said no, but he carried on, he started undoing my corset, I said no. Think you know me? Well now you do. You happy now? You might as well know, there's nothing that's going to make my life worse." I begin backing away, anger fuelling my energy. Chris gets closer.
"No, I don't want your fucking sympathy, I ruin everything, right? Leave me the fuck alone"  my voice cracks.
"Gia? What the fuck? Come back" he demands, I run, faster than ever before. I get home and sit on my floor, face in my knees, I'm numb, and out of tears so I just sit there, in silence. I know I shouldn't of told him of all people, but I was pushed over the edge, and he's to blame.

Chris' pov:
What. The. Hell.
I stand in the field, watching her run away, shit. This was bad, worse than I ever imagined. She'd been assaulted, and I just made it worse.
I get home, walking past Matt, into my room. Fuck. I don't know what to do with myself. I can't tell anyone, she'll kill me. But I can't keep it to myself, and do nothing about it. I pick up my phone, and find Tessa in my contacts. Tessa is Gia's best friend since freshman year, they talked about everything, she knew secrets that even Nick didn't know. She loves Gia, she'll understand why I have to tell her. I press dial, and wait for her to answer.

"Chris, hey, why you calling so late?'
"I need to talk to you, about Gia, but you can't tell anyone, ok? It's serious, promise?"
"Oh of course, pinky promise"
"I don't know how to say this but, Sam assaulted Gia last night, it's bad, she just told me, don't ask how or why, it just happened, and I've made it so much worse Tess. You need to talk to her, I can't, she will literally kill me, no joke"
There was a long pause after I said that. "Tess? You still there."
"Oh Um, yes, I'm just shocked, but I will talk to her, thank you Chris, you need to make it right, not yet though, it's too soon."
"I will, eventually. Thanks Tess, your a great friend to her, you know"
"I know, bye Chris"
"Bye Tessa"
I hang up, and attempt to sleep. I feel horrible, maybe I am a bad person after all.

Notes
Shorter chapter, but I hope you're enjoying it so far!
Like I said, Chris and Gia will be enemies for quite a while, I want to build it up and make it perfect!
Thanks for reading :)