1

Rogue entered the bar, aptly named "The Tiger's Maw".

He greeted Rufus, the burly barman, with a wave and a grin, as he walked over.

"How've ya been, Rogue? Haven't seen you around in a while!" Rufus called out jovially as Rogue sat down on a bar stool.

"Never better. How are things here?" the dark haired man answered.

Rufus sighed. "Not great. Yuki was arrested while mugging some guy yesterday." he whispered, though the bar was empty at this hour.

"Nothing we can't fix! How's Sting been?" Rogue asked, already going through ideas for a hopefully dramatic rescue.

"Well, you know him. Barely speaks to me and Orga, let's us do our own thing, mostly. Minnie reckons he's quieter than usual. I don't really think that's possible. The usual?" Rufus reported before offering his friend a drink. Rogue grinned.

"Nothing beats planning a rescue while drunk!"

Rufus blanched.

"On second thought, you should probably go see Sting instead." he said quickly, putting the glass away.

 -

Sting was in a foul mood. Yukino had bitten off more than she could chew once more, but now it was everyone's problem. Rogue still hadn't returned from his last job and Sting was tired of running things alone.

Someone knocked on the door. Sting perked up for a moment, before realizing Rogue would have just walked in like he owned the place.

"Come in!" he said, annoyance creeping into his voice.

In walked Minerva, holding a small stack of papers. She put them down on his desk.

"That's everything my dad has on where Yukino is being kept." Sting nodded. Minerva's father, Zienma Carter, was chief of police. Minerva herself had started working as a secretary at the station a year ago, in the event that a member of Sabertooth was arrested.

He flipped through the notes, all in Minerva's tidy handwriting. She had to copy any documents she stole by hand, since Edolas had lost its magic 7 years ago.

This didn't look too complicated.

The only upside to Rogue's absence was that Sting was free to come up with a plan that didn't involve a slew of forgeries, vandalism, or worse, arson. This would be a quiet, low profile job.

Just as he formulated that thought, the door to his office burst open so hard it almost flew off its hinges.

"Greetings, oh revered mastermind of Sabertooth!" Rogue stepped into the room, smiling from ear to ear.

"Damn it Rogue!" Sting complained, but he couldn't fight the smile growing on his own face.

Rogue gasped, putting his hand over his heart and stepping back as though he had been mortally offended: "Oh! How could you say such a thing. Minerva, can you believe this? Damned by my own beloved, such a sorry fate indeed!"

"Yeah, you had it coming." Minerva deadpanned. Sting tried not to laugh as Rogue faked a look of horror.

"Minerva Carter, I thought we were friends! Sadly not. But fear not! I will survive this betrayal, somehow..."

"Such a shame." Minerva said, exiting the room. Rogue sat down on Sting's desk, grabbing the papers from his hands.

"Welcome back. Its been quiet without you." Sting told him.

"Is that an insult or a compliment?" Rogue asked, looking up from the papers.

"What do you think, you idiot?"

"I think it's a backhanded compliment." Rogue said, smiling.  Sting rolled his eyes.

Rogue went back to reading through the notes, and Sting could see the gears turning in his head.

He's going to burn down so many buildings.