𝕄𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕐𝕠𝕜𝕖

I've spent most of my life dreaming, dreaming of what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go, and how life would be. Never did I imagine my Rhythm would become the reason for my blues.

Paparazzi's cameras flashed creating a strobe thank god for sunglasses. I never understood it. My hand reached for my face protecting my eyes from the harsh reality that I wouldn't be getting into my club without taking pictures and answering the same damn questions.

"Ms Jackson! To the right Ms Jackson! Ms. Jackson over your shoulder! Ms. Jackson, how do you feel about your brother's case?" That was my last straw.

"Joey." I turned to see him already handling the situation.

I walked through the crowd of people into my club Free Xone

I walked through the crowd of people into my club Free Xone. I harvested the best dancers and singers from every inch of this earth God created. A space where if you had raw talent you were celebrated, taught, and loved. Once I freed myself from Joseph and his mind games and manipulation and cut all ties with almost everyone in my family except Mike, Rbbie, and Randy, it was the only thing I had to myself. With no ties to anyone in my family. It was my pride and joy. A haven where no matter what you lived where you were from or how you arrived you were accepted. The kids there named me Mama Yoke. Something about they knew I was mother when they first met me and that soon I'd come out of the closet and let the world know I liked women. That's funny seeing as though I was very much married with a child.

I won't lie my 20s were my experimental stage I had done some of the craziest things. It was something about the freedom I got once I took full control of my life. No more of Joseph telling me what to do and how to do it. I was a boss bitch as the kids would say. I stepped into my sexuality and explored the many levels of pleasure in every way possible. Some I'm not too proud of others I owned unapologetically.

Lately, I had to accept the terms of me being constantly asked about my brother and the allegations against him in the media. With fame comes scandal lies and deceit I learned that at a young age. We knew the truth though well the ones that weren't thirsting for attention and press and acknowledgment from people who barely knew your name, and if they did know it was only because you lived in the shadows of the very person you were persuaded to speak negative about.

I had my fame my name and my own money but even if I didn't the love and respect I had for my brother would never allow me room to completely show my ass for fifteen minutes of fame. All that glitters isn't gold and my whole life I've known my brother to fight against the darkness of this world never to add to it. If people took the time to learn about him and love him they would understand his love and his passion to help and lead others to do the same. They would see that the man they painted out to be a pervert was nothing of sorts.

From the time I was born the name Jackson meant you were destined to be great under the authority of Joseph Jackson. That every child conceived under the name of Katherine and Joseph possessed some sort of talent that would add to the fortune and legacy of the Jackson family. I never wanted fame I have seen how it ate away at my brother's confidence his beautiful soul and his mental. I watched it firsthand take away the simple joys and pleasures of life. I've watched it ruin relationships and tear apart the people I loved. It simply wasn't for me. It wasn't my first choice shall I say but I don't regret it at all.