Chapter 4

Merlin walked through the forest of Ascetir, arms covered in blood. He fell to his knees at a tree where a knight rested under. "Merlin?" It was Leon. Weak but awake. "What happened?" He groaned, getting up.

"Percival," Merlin sobbed, "I couldn't save him. I couldn't save him."

"It's alright, Merlin," he knelt before the young boy, hugging him. Merlin's head buried in his shoulder, Leon held the warlock, but even he couldn't stay with him longer. "I can't stay awake anymore. Keep going, Merlin." He was out.

"Leon, please," he shook the body that was slumped against him, "don't leave me too." He cried for everything he lost.

"Burn that body! It's cursing the village," an old lady wearing an early 1700's dress yelled at an irritated looking Merlin.

"He's alive!"

"I don't see him moving!" She snapped.

"He wakes up sometimes and talks to me," Merlin cried out.

The woman scoffed, turning to her husband, "you hear that, Jonathan? Talk to him. Not in his right mind, mental, "she tutted, "well, the next time he wakes up be sure to call me, so we know it isn't lifeless."

"Hag," Merlin muttered under his breath. How would he show her that Leon was alive if she saw that he was using magic, he'd be killed by the witch hunters. He walked back to his cabin, helplessly. A sleeping Leon was on one of the beds, Merlin sat down beside him, sighing. "We're going back to Camelot, Leon."

The blue house that Merlin lived in now was slightly newer looking when he bought it, police cars surrounded it. Merlin emerged from the street with shopping bags, he frowned seeing the uniformed men. "Hi...Can I help you?"

"Do you live in this house?" A tall, dark policeman came towards him with a notepad.

"Yes, I do. What's going on?"

"Someone has reported a dead body in your house," he stated.

"I don't have a dead body in my house," he denied.

"Then you won't mind if we search your house?" He raised an eyebrow cynically.

"Go ahead," he shrugged. A few seconds later the police officer came out of the house, writing in his book.

"There is a man inside, he wont wake up. We suspect you to have poisoned him," he reached for the handcuffs in his belt.

"That's my friend, Leon. He's alive, I would never hurt him," stammered Merlin.

"What is the reason he is knocked out?"

"He had a head injury years ago, he wakes up sometimes. He's in a coma. I haven't done anything to him, I swear," he desperately looked at the officer, trying to prove his innocence.

"Why haven't you taken to the hospital, given him the right care?" He questioned.

"I have, they say he won't live and wants to end his life. He's alive! He wakes up sometimes, they don't believe me, but you've got to!" He begged.

A look of pity came over the man, "I'm sorry. Here's what I'll do, I won't report you if you get your friend here, to a hospital where he can get properly cared for."

Merlon ran a hand through his hair, "alright," he gave in.

"Thank you, I will come check up next week."

"Hey, Leon," Merlin sat with Leon, eyes glowing gold as he used magic to wake the knight up.

"What's wrong, Merlin?" Leon could see that something was bothering the boy.