Chapter 13: Investigation

"Okay, ghost gang. We are back at the National Exchange Hotel. We were here a few years ago and if you haven't watched that video, the link will be down in the description below. Now we're back!" Ryan said as Quinn panned the camera around the front of the building. 

"That's right. And if you remember.....last time Ryan got scratched and Wyatt saw something and freaked the fuck out." River added. 

Wyatt laughed. "Yeah....it was pretttyy spooookkkyyy." 

"This place was active as hell. A little ghost girl running up and down the hall. Footsteps. It was creepy." Ryan said. "We'd like to say thanks again to Matt for getting us access to this place. We have two whole floors to ourselves. And once again, Quinn is with us!" He pointed at the camera and she waved her hand. 

"Go down in the comments and tell her hi. She's one of our bestest friends...." 

"The besssttteessstttt!" River shouted as he turned around in a circle. 

"The G.O.A.T!" Wyatt added and laughed. 

Quinn shook her head, laughing at their antics. "Okay, boys, focus."

Ryan cleared his throat loudly and straightened his shirt as he pretended to be serious. "You're right. You're right. Let's put our hands together and chant...." 

The three looked at the camera and she sighed, setting it back on the tripod. Smiling, she hurried over to where they were standing and put her hand on top of Wyatt's. 

"Nevada City! Don't treat us shitty! We've got the GOAT! Bahhhhh." They shouted and then started laughing. 

"Isn't that a sheep?" Quinn facepalmed as she laughed. 

"Yeah, probably." Ryan shrugged and grinned at the camera. "Let's go do this!" He turned off the camera and laughed again. "I'm going to insert one of those funny ass goat memes where it's screaming like 'blahhhh'." 

"Do you know how many goat emojis are going to be in the comments?" Wyatt shook his head and followed the twins inside. 

"Okay....Quinn, you've got the radio. Same as the last place....if you see something, let us know." 

"Got it." She nodded. 

"We'll be down the hall first and then take a break before we go downstairs." Ryan explained as he picked up a couple of devices. "Call us if you need us." 

"Got it." She repeated and walked them to the door, closing it behind them.

***

Ryan unlocked the door and walked inside, followed by Wyatt. River stopped and turned his head. "What?" He called out, frowning as he looked at his brother. "Did you hear that?" 

"No, what was it?"

"It sounded like Quinn saying something. I swear I heard her voice but I don't see her. I thought she opened the door and said something." River reached in his pocket and pulled the walkie out. "Quinn?"

It crackled for a second. "Yeah?"

"Did you just call out?"

"Nooo." 

"I swear I heard your voice." 

"Not me. I'm just sitting here watching you guys on the monitor." 

"Okay." River pocketed the radio and shrugged. "I'm not sure I got it on audio. It was clear as day." 

"Weird." Ryan said as he set the REMPOD down on the nightstand. "Hello....I don't know if anyone here remembers us or not. We were here a few years ago. We're back with some new equipment to share with you. If you'd like to talk to us, please touch anything you see with a light or come talk to us. All of these devices you see.....they either light up so we know where you are or the device on the bed will let you talk to us. I'd like to reintroduce ourselves. My name is Ryan."