Chapter 8:

Two days later

Ryan opened the sliding glass door, squinting into the sunlight as he walked outside. Seeing Quinn on one of the lounge chairs, he carried the water over and sat down on the chair next to her.

She opened her eyes and turned her head to see Ryan next to her. Sliding her headphones off, she sat up and took the water. "Thanks!" She took a long drink and sighed. "Are you taking a break finally?"

"Yeah, I saw you out here and thought I'd come see if you were asleep."

"Nope. How's the research going?"

"Okay." Ryan shrugged. "How are you going to be with staying here alone for a week?"

Quinn looked at him over her sunglasses. "I've been here by myself before."

"You know what I mean."

She shrugged. "It's just a few nightmares."

".....for the past three nights...."

"Okay....since we've been back....."

"...and you've been in my bed or in River's bed ever since."

"I asked first."

"Not the point and you know we don't care if you do. I just want to make sure you're good." Ryan asked, his blue eyes watching her.

"Yeah, I'm good. It'll be fine."

"You could come with us....."

"Isn't that where this all started from?"

Ryan shook his head as he continued. "...and you could stay with the computers and watch them for us. With a walkie."

"You don't need to worry about me."

"If you're here by yourself, we'll worry."

"And if I'm with you and freak out because I get scared, I'll ruin what you're doing."

Ryan sighed. "You won't ruin anything. Besides, I can teach you how to edit and you can start helping the guys and I. Since we're heading that way, we figured we'd hit the Gatehall and do a return at another location. We're getting a good deal for both and the new manager, Matt, seems like a cool guy. He watches our videos."

"That's cool." She sat back against the chair cushion. "How long do I have time to think about this?"

"Well....we're driving since we're doing two locations. We've got an AirBnb between them so it's your decision."

"Okay. I'll let you know." She watched him stand and looked up at him, grabbing his hand to stop him. "Hey....thanks. For checking on me and letting me sneak into your bed." She squeezed his hand gently.

"It's not really sneaking when you make so much noise." Ryan teased her.

"I think your break is over." She raised a brow at him, laughing as he walked back inside. 

***

Over the next week, Quinn spent time with each of the boys and watched them edit clips of videos. She learned their different styles and how they intertwined together to make their video they posted each and every Sunday. They answered her dumb questions and didn't mind explaining when she made a mistake on the short clips they gave her to practice on. In return, she made sure the three of them took regular breaks and got rest away from the computer screens.

"Hey, Quinn?"

She looked up when she heard the voice from the doorway to her room. Seeing Wyatt, she smiled and ushered him into the room. "What's up?" She asked as she turned down the music from her speaker.

"I like the color." He nodded as he looked at the dark green wall she was painting.

"Thanks." She stood back and looked at it. "I thought it would be too....woodsy at first but it's nice, I think." She shrugged and put down the paint roller. "What's up?"

"Ryan wanted me to ask if wanted to order some food. We were thinking that sushi place over on Lansdowne."

She nodded. "That sounds good. You know what I like."

"Yeah." He started to turn around and then stopped. "Are you going with us in a few days?"

"I don't know." She admitted. "I don't want to mess anything up or get in the way."

"You won't. Besides, you could help me keep them on a tighter leash."

She scoffed. "Yeah, right. Like they listen to me."

"Well.....think about it. It would be more fun if you were there." He said as he left the room.