𝟏𝟏

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Four hours had passed from the time on arriving to the Garrison to the current time the group were present in; Alison had managed to converse with plenty of Michael's family members, including Thomas as they had their rather friendly chat about his wedding earlier on in the night, although she was still yet to speak with Arthur and Ada, two of Michael's beloved cousins. It wasn't as if she was holding back from talking with them, as in trying to avoid those two specifically, she just simply hadn't found the correct timing yet.

Alison fidgeted around in her seat in attempt to get comfortable, these chairs were a nightmare considering they were relying on only some sort of a sticky cushion as it's only source of coziness making it hard for one to sit and not ache. The midwife was situated between Michael and Polly once again, only this time Ada had decided to condone herself into the conversation. Allie was yet to say a word to her as stated prior but she was waiting quite patiently to be brought into the discussion.

"What about you Alison?" Ada questioned looking towards the girl who only shot a look back full of confusion considering she'd been zoned out for the past five minutes, "Do you agree?"

"Hm?" is all she managed to say as she cocked her head up to the three, her eyebrows furrowed, "I'm sorry could you please repeat that? I apologise but i wasn't really paying attention."

Ada chuckled, "Of course, it's no bother. All i asked was whether you agree with the way politics are being handled?"

Alison raised an eyebrow unsure with what to reply to her god awful question, she didn't want this to be taken the wrong way but in all honesty Allie couldn't give two shits about the Government nor the way they handle things, "Erm, i'm not too sure. I'm not exactly interested in that sort of thing sorry."

"Don't worry about it." Michael whispered coming in contact with her left ear, "Ignore her and her political shite, none of us take any notice upon any of it so you don't have to either."

"But Michael that's rude!" she whispered back trying to disguise her mutters with a smile as she kept her eyes focused on Michael's cousin, "Im sorry again Ada, i'm sure i'd love to hear about all you're knowledge in business if i knew anything about it, but quite frankly i don't."

Once again Ada let out a slight chuckle before covering her mouth with her hand to seem polite, "It's fine, i'll just go find someone who does know about it. Don't take that in the wrong way of course, no offence."

"None taken." Alison smiled.

"Our Ada's not boring you with all her nonsense is she?" a voice spoke before being followed by a cough, although Alison wasn't particularly aware on whose voice this actually was, whether she'd heard it before or not, she just couldn't place a finger onto who it was.

She stifled a laugh, "Not at all, i must admit i do find her ways rather interesting, not in a bad way or anything of course."

Everyone around the table - excluding Ada and Alison - raised their eyebrows, "And you serious? This girl never shuts up about bloody politics, politics this, politics that, there's nothing interesting about it." Polly spat before being followed by a giggle.

Alison shrugged, "I don't know, i guess i just find new people and new surroundings quite fascinating."

"Well i'm honoured Alison, really. At least someone appreciates my problems." Ada smiled feeling touched by Allie's choice of words towards her personally.

"It's no problem."

"Anyways, you lot stop waffling. I'm Arthur, Arthur Shelby." he introduced feeling rather proud of himself as he held a hand out for the girl to shake, "Not to mention i'm the only funny one out the lot of us."