Chapter 8: Reaching the Obelian Empire

Author's note: Hiii! Not much to say except that enjoy the chapter<3 I thank you all for following this story and it's so amazing that people are actually reading this story of mine, again thank you:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athanasia's stature staggered, aghast she stuttered trying to ask the million questions that had flooded her mind but she couldn't muster up simple sentences and she was overcome with too many emotions. Confusion, sadness, hatred, rage, bitterness, despair and...a sense of betrayal. The blonde knew it wasn't Jeanette's fault that her mother, Diana died but she just couldn't seem to look at the brunette the same way...the cuts in her heart were too deep and they seemed to burn. Her heart throbbed at the utter realisation that had hit her, Jeanette was her enemy and she finally understood why her father hated Jeanette so much, hated the Vertium's so much. Her fists were balled up and shaking, she was clenching them so hard that blood started to trickle down, crimson blood. She was writhing in agony from inside, an intense burden settled over her.

She had never seen her mother in real life, alive and well, seeing only glimpses of her in dreams and once had actually talked to her when she had been near death. It was one of the happiest moments of her life, finally talking to her mother...she had been everything Athanasia had needed in those few precious minutes. After that there was no trace of her beautiful, blonde haired and ruby eyed mother, she had vanished and only left a few fragments in place of her.

After knowing what had actually happened to her mother, Athanasia could not contain her outrage, she thought and it kept repeating over and over again, how life would be with her mother alive, how life would be if the Vertium's had never interfered. Her father wouldn't have resorted to dark magic...he wouldn't have to suffer. A wave of hollowness washed over her and her throat fell dry, unable to say much to the white haired girl standing before her.

"You would of course now be wondering why I want to meet Jeanette? Seeing you now I imagine it'll be fine to tell you. I want to see Jeanette draw her last breath, I want to kill her. Why you might ask? Well, she tried to kill my brother once and I will never forgive nor forget." Mielle said, her voice had a bit of unease and it had considerably darkened.

Athanasia didn't know what to think of this, she felt that she had to stop Mielle from killing Jeanette but...did she really want to? Couldn't she just leave Jeanette to die? Why did she have to get involved in her matters? And anyways, it would be better for her to die-

The blonde stopped herself from further thinking those thoughts and tried her hardest to push all of this to the back of her mind.

"Fine, I'll help you." she finally said.

She had to find Lucas...quick. He would be able to find a solution for all of this, he had to.

A day later

Jeanette had finally approached the Obelian Empire, although with a slightly heavy heart. She felt memories rushing back to her and hitting her harshly, the hair on her body was standing with unease but she wouldn't mull over past feelings now, it was utterly useless. The outline of the Obelian empire was visible and it hadn't changed much, still standing tall and mighty. She could hear faint cheers in the distance...today was the day of celebration of course, today was the day she had ran away from the Empire and today was the day, after 6 years she would finally be reuniting with the Obelians...and the thought was unnerving but she looked for ward to it anyway.

She wore a long, black cloak and had drawn a hood over her head but she couldn't stop at the main gate...she could disguise herself with magic but she wouldn't bother with that. She was going to make her arrival known to the hundreds of peasants, nobles and of course the Imperial family but before that she had to take care of Lord.