Chapter 4: The moonlit balcony

"I want to talk to you...about Jeanette." Athanasia tells her tyrant father, with a nervous and cracking tone, stuttering over most of her words. She knew bringing up Jeanette to her father wasn't a good idea but it was now or never and she didn't want Jeanette to live a hard life just because of her. She knew Jeanette was alive out there...somewhere, she had to be. Her sister wouldn't die so easily.

The blonde Emperor's gaze darkened and his soft expression dropped. He hated this topic and hated anything that had to do with that girl. A few years ago, more than hating her, he frankly did not care about her. Did not care whether the brunette girl lived or died, he acted as if it was none of his business. Now...he couldn't hate anyone more. She tried to poison and kill his only daughter, Diana's daughter. He wouldn't allow it, he hated her being brought up by his daughter. How dare her name still be spoken about in a such a soft tone from his daughters mouth. His daughter was too forgiving, he'd made it out already. She still thought Jeanette wasn't the one who poisoned her. All the evidence pointed to the brunette.

The scene shifts back to the Agriche manor where Roxanne, Jeremy and Jeanette are talking.

"When are you leaving for Obelia then?" The extremely beautiful, blonde locked and red eyed woman said, her eyelashes fluttering delicately with each word.

"Tomorrow morning, I'll leave by 8. I don't know when I'll come back, it'll take a lot of time to get the decree revoked. I doubt they'd listen that easily." The brunette replied. She'd want to think more about what approach to take, violence wasn't always good. She'll have to be a bit smart about it.

"I see...have a good trip and good luck." Roxanne spoke, smiling softly. It was genuine, one that was not expected from the Agriche's. Jeanette smiled back, "I will, thank you. Take care of yourself."

The brunette sensed a dark aura in the corner of the room. The navy haired boy seemed sour. Jeanette could guess what the cause was. "Jeremy, are you okay?" She asked, half out of concern and half out of playful nature. The man's gaze shifted towards her and offered her another glare. It seemed it was finally settling into him how he wouldn't get to see her for at least a year. The brunette understood what he was thinking about.

"I'll try to wrap things up as soon as possible, don't worry to much about it." Jeanette grinned brightly, the man's heart melted at the sight. Her eyes squeezed shut and her lips quirked into a beautiful smile.

Roxanne chuckled, "Seems you'll miss each other." She said while going over to Jeremy to ruffle his hair. "I'm sure you'll see each other soon enough."
"I hope so." The brunette added.

After discussing a few details Roxanne dismissed herself, leaving Jeremy and Jeanette alone. They made their way out to the balcony, flinging the white doors open as to maybe catch a cool breeze. They both felt the need to get something off their chests, though neither could identify what. Maybe the atmosphere would spark a conversation? The brunette had hoped.

A cool and soft breeze blew by, ruffling her hair. Out of instinct she shut her right eye and shifted her hand up to her hair as to stop it from fluttering in the wind.

"It's cool outside." Jeremy commented, looking at the brunette. "Yeah." She said simply, giving him a soft smile. The brunette needed to get a question off her chest...something she wanted to ask him.

"Will you come with me to the Obelian Empire?"

The brunette blurted it out without much thought behind it. It was quite common in their relationship, none of them thought before they spoke to each other, which might have created some complicated situations before. The brunette gently laid her chin on her crossed arms, supported by the balcony railing. She could hear her heart pounding inside, by either excitement or nervousness. Truth be told, she wanted Jeremy to come with her, be there and see where she grew up. What kind of people she knew....

"Yeah." A short answer to an unplanned question. They both had probably expected it to happen, probably made out this exact conversation in their head a million times, wanting to ask the other the same question.

A bright giggle escaped from the brunette's mouth, it sounded...happy and carefree. Like the jingle of bells in a cold, dimly lit alleyway. It was enough to make anyone's day light up. Soon enough both of them started laughing, joy and happiness mixed in with excitement and enthusiasm. A couple radiating joy. It was a hard find.

The brunette was the first one to speak again.
"You answered quick enough. You do know that you can't come right away, right? You'll have to tell it to that shitty father's of yours first. Hell, he'll probably start a riot. Anyway, I need to go alone...at least for a week. I need to appear in front of them alone. They won't take me seriously otherwise...but please come later, Jeremy."
The girl looked over to the Agriche with innocent and large eyes, full of anticipation and expectation. She wanted him to come with her and reassure her. She just wanted him to be there...to comfort her.

Abruptly he once again grabbed her wrist and pulled her close, their bodies pressed against each other and their eyes looking straight into each others. A sense of longing and a feeling of belonging. He gave a smirk, "Of course." as he pulled her closer by her small waist and their lips touched in a blissful kiss. Under the pale moonlight, the only sounds that could be heard were their breaths. The moon illuminated their silhouette but both of them had their eyes shut, not daring to interrupt the moment.

Roxanne had a smirk plastered on her face as she exited into the hallway, seems she had stayed overtime, although uninvited. It looked like Jeremy would be leaving the manor in some time...Oh right. She forgot to mention to him, some knights from the Obelian Empire had come near the manor recently for some reason the rose eyed girl considered unimportant. They accidentally saw Jeanette and immediately recognised her, the news must be travelling to the Obelian Empire by now. Roxanne suspected Jeanette already knew this.

At the Obelian Palace

"We are NOT talking about her. I don't want you bringing her up, ever again." Said the blonde, cold hearted Emperor sending a spine chilling glare over to his nervous daughter.

"But father-!" She continued before being interrupted by not the tyrant emperor but a knock on the door.

"Your majesty, urgent news!" The crimson knight, Felix said in a pressing tone.

"Felix, how many times have I told you not to interrupt me when I'm with Athanasia?" Claude said.

Felix wasted no time entering without permission, much to Claude's displeasure, though this was something that needed attention.

"What are u doi-?" The Sun of the Obelian Empire himself was interrupted by a dire sounding right hand man.

"Jeanette Margarita or Jeanette De Alger Obelia, the daughter of Anastacius De Alger Obelia and Penelope Judith has been located and is alive."

The room fell silent.