//Fifteen Candles PT. 2//

platonic tomboo <33

The morning of Ranboo's 15th birthday was a crisp, sunny Friday. He woke up to the unmistakeable crash of someone dropping pans from the kitchen, and the smell of bacon.

For a moment he was content. Then, remembering he was supposed to be home alone (a fact his parents promised to make up for later), freaked out.

What was he supposed to do? Go downstairs? Try to fight...whoever....broke into his house to....cook breakfast? Okay now he was just confused. What kind of burglars cook bacon in the house they're robbing?

Footsteps coming towards his room broke him out of his thoughts, and he grabbed the most weapon-like thing in his room (an old hockey stick) and hid behind the door.

When the door opened and someone walked in, Ranboo reached around the door and slammed the stick into the man's face, knocking him to the floor. Ranboo then kept out to see Tommy lying there, stunned.

Wait- Tommy?

Oh no. Tommy.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I thought someone broke into my house, and I panicked, I promise I didn't mean to, I-"

"Ughhhhhhh," Tommy groaned from the floor. "Shut up. Shut up. Just leave me here to die," he moaned dramatically, causing Ranboo to smile nervously.

"No can do, Tommy. C'mon, get up," Ranboo reached a hand down to help him, causing the blonde to tense slightly, but he accepted soon after, still grumbling slightly. "Baby," Ranboo mocked, with what he hoped was the right ammount of affection. "For real though, are you okay?"

Tommy nodded, pulling his hands away from his face. "Yeah I'll live, boob boy. Cmon, we don't wanna keep Tubbo waiting," he said as he lead the way out of Ranboo's room.

"Wait, Tubbo?" Ranboo asked, quickly running after his friend.

The two all but raced down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Tubbo had prepared (likely with Tommy's help) two huge plates of bacon and pancakes respectively.

"Happy Birthday!" Tubbo said.

"Why are you in my house?" Ranboo finally asked.

"It's your birthday," Tommy informed him.

"You could stand to be a little grateful," Tubbo reprimanded, no real annoyance anywhere in his tone.

"You're so right, Tubbo, I'm so grateful you broke into my house at..." he looked to his oven to see the time displayed. "5:30 am? Really guys?"

"We wanted to make sure you had enough time to eat!" Tubbo defended himself. "Plus you shouldn't be alone on your birthday, even if we were coming over later anyway."

"You guys suck."

Tubbo beamed at him: "Thanks 'Boo! Now eat."

"Yes, mom," Ranboo said with an eye roll. He glanced over to Tommy who seemed to just be enjoying the show.

Ranboo sat down, and to his surprise Tommy and Tubbo took the seats on either side of him to eat—Tommy never sat next to him. He suppressed a smile, and listened to Tubbo as the shorter boy started rambling about what they should do later.

The plan was for the three of them to go back to Ranboo's house after school and grind out all their homework so they could have the whole weekend off. Then they'd sleep over there, since they'd have it all to themselves. In the morning, Wilbur agreed to drive them to the nearest train station, which they would use to spend the day in the city. Ranboo couldn't wait!

But first— school.

Ranboo truthfully didn't mind school all that much, but he found himself wishing the day away. It didn't help that Tommy was visibly on edge every time Ranboo saw him.