1

You were in the TF141 for quite a long time by now, maybe a year & a half. Although you weren't the person to smile or laugh, which everyone knew perfectly. But also, no one even tried to. That was until today.

  Sitting at the table with the others who were talking with each other, Simon included, and you were just listening to random conversations. He made a dry joke, and the room was silent, but at the end of the table was a muffled giggle.

   Everyone looked at you, speechless. "What?" You spoke out, a sheepish smile forming on your face.

Everyone continued staring, you not aware as you instantly hid your head down quickly in your arms, feeling embarrassed. Simon's eyes had widened. He didn't understand, did she laugh at his joke?

The others were either surprised or confused, but Simon felt his heart skip a beat. The others continued conversing, turning their attention elsehwherr.

  Simon kept his gaze on you, staring, a puzzled look hidden behind his mask. . The others had continued their conversation, but Simon was still looking directly at you. He got up, the sound of his chair scraping against the cold tile.

The sound of footsteps coming toward you caught your attention, causing you to pick up your head slowly. The others payed no mind, continuing to converse.

You looked up fully, seeing Simon's eyes peering down at you, a emotion hidden behind them; one you couldn't quite understand.

Simon's eyes peered down at you, his gaze not leaving you for a second as he sat right in front of you, his eyes finally letting yours. "I didn't know you liked jokes" he commented quietly.

'Is this really happening?!'

"Yours only.." You mumbled out, his intense gaze sending a shiver down your spine. Your foot tapped quietly against the ground, becoming aware of how close he was.

Simon's eyes widened at the comment. 'Was she.. she being serious?'
.
.
.
.

"Why?" He asked, intrigued.

"Why do you like just.. my jokes?"

You stayed quite for a second, pondering your answer. "Well you see I uhm.. I.." Hesitation lurked through you as you tried forming words, only for them to come out incoherent.

Your cheeks tinted pink, flushing as your eyes met his again.

"Because you..?" He was intrigued, he seemed to genuinely want to know the answer.

You felt his gaze, you felt his curiosity. The intense stare that lingered on you.

"I like you.." You mumbled quietly, searching his eyes for any response. His eyes widened as he stared at you, processing the information.  

'You.. liked him?'

It didn't make any sense to Simon. Why would someone like her, like a person like him?

By now, the others had left, heading to their respective rooms, leaving you and Simon alone in the dining room. The cold air gushing slowly, the light goosebumps forming on your pale skin.

His face remained still, but you felt him change. He was not calm and cold anymore, he was nervous. He didn't say anything at first, and just kept looking deeply at you with his icy blue eyes.

You felt his gaze. He was still processing the information. "Simon..?" You spoke out quietly, looking at him, slowly regretting your previous words.

'Shit I shouldn't have said anything. If only I would've stayed quiet then he- '

He reached out his hand, his slender fingers slipping over yours.  "Come here."

—————————————————————————

First attempt at writing a book about Simon. Sorry if this sucks😓

Date of Publication: Sep 23, 2023