Chapter 1

There was nothing our Aelanna and Rhaenyra wouldn't do together.

They were joined at the hip the moment they met. They adored one another deeply.

The two cousins would want to spend all their times together, requesting their parents to visit the other constantly, resulting in spending weeks while being in there.

The two would play, and do each others hair. Although, there was one time Rhaenyra tangled Aelanna's hair so badly, that Vaehaerys suggested to cut the stubborn knot out. He almost did it, not for their mother to arrive at the precise moment the scissors were about to cut the long silver locks, giving her the scare of a life time.

Back in Kingslanding, the young girls would ate lemon cake, their favorite, while they spended time in the gardens, picking up flowers to make crowns.

They would also feed their dragons together when they were allowed.

Laena was a constant in their lives as well. The trio had a beautiful friendship, everywhere they went they would give life to that place, for their giggles and pureness warmed even the coldest of hearts.

Their sisterhood were given the name 'The Golden Trio'.

                                   ༄

"My crown is not holding up.." Little seven year old Rhaenyra complained to her friends while they were sat on the grass of the gardens of Winterfell.

They were yet again making crowns out of flowers and little twigs to hold them together, but Rhaenyra was having dificulty to maintain the piecement in tact.

"I told you, It's because you kept adding too many twigs!" Laena chuckled while extenting her arm towards Rhaenyra. She laid her own crown of flowers on her lap.

  "Here. You can have mine." She gave her cousin a smile, which Rhaenyra gladly returned.

"Thank you Laena, I will cherish it forever!" Rhaenyra beamed. Grateful for her cousin, and very excited for having a better crown of flowers.

Aelanna smiled genuinely at Laena for her kindness.

Before anyone could say anything more, Vaehaerys joined the trio in the gardens. He had just come back from sword fighting training and saw the girls there, so he decided to joined them.

"Must you always make these horrenduos crowns when you come here?" Vaehaerys questioned while looking at Rhaenyra's crown of flowers, now breaking free and long forgotten on the cold grass.

Aelanna looked over at Rhaenyra knowing that the girl would take the comment to heart, even if her brother did not intended to hurt his cousin feelings, she saw her tears forming in her eyes while she looked at her own crown of flowers already torn apart and destroyed at her feet.

Aelanna turned her attention to her brother and threw the one she had just finished making at his face, catching him of guard and making him look at her with an incredulous face.

"What was that for?" Laena giggled at the choice of her cousins actions and the disbelief look the older boy was giving.

"Nyra's crying because of you, you idiot! Just so you know, our cousin makes the best flower crowns in the whole land and you just happened to catch her on a bad day. Now apologise." Aelanna crossed her little arms while giving her brother a hard scowl, or what appeared to be one a child could muster up.