16

—Are you going out with Chris tomorrow too? —Natali sat next to Stefani while they watched TV.

—Yes, very likely.

—And how are you doing?

Stefani was changing the channel, looking for something interesting to watch.

—Everything is fine, we talked about many things, he trusts me.

—And you in him.

—Little by little —Stefani smiled. But just as quickly as appeared, it was gone when she looked at the screen. Natali turned to see the same thing.

They both gasped at the news.

"BREAKING NEWS, WOMAN ALMOST KIDNAPPED BY A TAXI DRIVER WHEN LEAVING AN OPENING PARTY" —heard both sisters from the news.

—That...that party isn't from...from the company... FROM SARAH!?!? —Natali exclaimed scared. Stefani just nodded.

"SHE WAS FOUND LAYING ON THE TRACK STILL ALIVE AFTER ESCAPE FROM THE CAR STILL IN MOTION, SARAH TANNO, THE PERSON WHO HELPED THE VICTIM AND REPORTED THE NEWS, WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS" —Stefani and Natali looked surprised simultaneously.

"I... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, GOD, I JUST WALKED BACK HOME, THEN A CAR PASSED BY AND A WOMAN THROUGH HERSELF ON THE GROUND. I DID WHAT ANYONE WOULD DO, HELP HER! SHE FLED FROM THOSE BASTARDS!" —Sarah was very nervous and scared —"WE STILL DON'T KNOW THE IDENTIFICATION OF THE VICTIM, BUT IT SEEMS IT WAS A KIDNAPPING ATTEMPT, THE STREETS ARE EVER MORE DANGEROUS" —said the reporter and Stefani turned off the TV.

—Shit... —Stefani muttered. Citizen insecurity was daily bread in New York, but she felt this so close, it was a shock to see her friend there.

At that moment the door opened and they saw a trembling Sarah. They both went to hug her and comfort her, she was very scared. When they were calm, they served themselves ice cream.

—To think that it could happen to me.

—Shh... Sarah don't think about that, thank God you're here —Stefani hugged her.

---------------

She was preparing breakfast while listening to music to relax, until her cell phone rang, Chris's name on the screen.

—Stefani I'm so sorry, I saw Sarah yesterday on TV, how is she? —Stefani smiled, grateful for his concern.

—She is fine, calmer.

—Good, I was very surprised and wow, very shocked, never has a person I know appeared on television, let alone for these cases —there was silence —and... I think it would be better to cancel today...

—What!?

—Stefani, it's very dangerous out there.

—Chris, it always has been.

—Yes, but it's not safe, something could happen to you and...

—I know, and I understand but-

—Just for today, yes? The subject is still very recent.

—Okay, okay, thanks for worrying —she hung up.

—Awww, he cares about you —Natali appeared in the room.

—Did you hear that? —Stefani felt her cheeks heat up.

—Yes —Natali laughed —the volume of your cell phone is very high, and he's absolutely right —Stefani looked away, but then smiled —I like to see you like that —she patted Stefani on the back —So, how have you been doing with Bradley? —Stefani's smile faded —OK, I shouldn't have asked —Natali wanted to apologize.