Chapter 60

Chapter 60
Song Ran was dumbfounded, and his mind went blank in fear.  She didn't think about anything, but in one second she relied on instinct and rushed to the middle of the road regardless, hugged Li Zan's shoulders and dragged her to the side of the road.
Pedestrians rushed in and fled in the alley; the attackers at the entrance of the alley were approaching step by step, and gunshots were fired frequently; the child ran towards the attackers, shouting in Dongguo language: "Cook!"

Song Ran was frightened and frightened, and she didn't know where she had the strength to drag Li Zan to the roadside in a few seconds.  The sudden physical exertion caused her cheeks to become congested and red instantly, but she didn't stop for a moment, putting her shoulder on Li Zan's armpit to lift him up, holding his waist with one hand, and grabbing his arm with the other to support him.  Escape into the alley.
Li Zan covered his side with his hand, blood gushing out between his fingers like a fountain.  He couldn't say a word and lay on Song Ran's shoulder, panting rapidly.
Song Ran didn't speak either. He didn't have the energy to speak, and he didn't dare to look at his mouth. He only stared at the entrance of the alley with red eyes, trying his best to support him and drag him forward.
Alley after alley, his blood quickly soaked into the camouflage uniform, and fell to the ground drop by drop.  His breathing became deeper and deeper, his steps became slower and heavier, and he suddenly knelt down.
"A-Zan!" Song Ran hugged him and supported his body that was about to collapse.  He was so heavy that her waist almost broke, and cold sweat broke out on her forehead, "Just hold on a little longer, and we'll be at the motorcycle soon!"
Li Zan's face turned pale and he was about to say something when the child's shout came from the alley next door, followed by the gunshots of terrorists.
His face was distorted, he clenched his teeth covered in sweat, pressed on her, and dragged his feet.
Song Ran's back suddenly sank, and then she realized that he had been holding on and did not give all his strength to her.  Her eyes became wet, but she quickly blinked them away, hugging him and trying her best to move forward.
After finally bypassing an alley again, Li Zan hesitated and suddenly fell to the ground.  Song Ran hugged him hurriedly: "A-Zan——"
His hand dropped from his side, blood pouring out.  Song Ran immediately put his shoulders on his legs, pulled out a bandage from the bag and wrapped it around him.
   "you go……"
Not far away, the shouts of the pursuers came again.  With tears in her eyes, she just shook her head. She had no strength left, so she hugged his shoulders and dragged him out.
"Be obedient, Ran Ran..." He whispered, his eyes deeply focused on her face, "I'm sorry."
"You're not allowed to say that!" she screamed in a low voice.
"Let's go -" He grabbed her hand with his blood-covered hand and tried to brush her away, but he lost consciousness in the next second and leaned into her arms.
Song Ran burst into tears, raised her head, gritted her teeth, and screamed like a small animal, struggling to drag him out by half a meter.  She took advantage of the momentum and used all her strength to pull him back step by step.
She gritted her teeth, her breathing trembling like chaff; her cheeks, neck, and even her palms were all red from congestion.  Her legs, feet, and back were no longer hers. She could no longer feel the pain. There was only one consciousness left in her mind: she wanted to take him away!
The child's cry sounded again.  Horrible, penetrating.
They chased them into the alley next door, and the sounds of gunfire and footsteps were getting closer and closer.
Song Ran's eyes were bloodshot and she was sweating. She gritted her teeth and dragged Li Zan to the motorcycle.  She took out the rope, used all her strength to lift Li Zan up, and pushed onto the motorcycle.  Finally got him into the back seat.  He couldn't sit still, so she pressed her back against him and tied him to herself with a rope.  He tilted his head on her shoulder, closed his eyes tightly, and there was no trace of blood on his face.

The child took the lead in following this alley, calling out to his companions behind him. Seeing that his companions could not catch up, he actually raised his gun and took aim.
Song Ran had tears in her eyes and was filled with hatred. She grabbed the rope that was not fastened yet with one hand, pulled out Li Zan's gun with the other, and started beating him randomly.
The bullet missed, but the child immediately dodged.
Song Ran quickly tied the rope, held the handle of the motorcycle with cramped hands and feet, and without waiting to kick off the foot brake, kicked the ground with all her strength and sped away.
The child rushed out and shot again,
"Bang!" "Bang!" "Bang!" Amidst the gunshots, the motorcycle had already kicked up dust and disappeared around the corner.
Song Ran accelerated like crazy, throwing away the gunshots and shouts behind him, and ran towards the field hospital.
Soon, those heart-stopping calls were no longer heard.  But her back started to get wet, and Li Zan's blood was warm and sticky, soaking her clothes.  His head was tilted on her shoulder, and his cheek was cold against her neck, as if there was no breath at all.
Her heart fell again and again, and she felt empty.  And she didn't even know she was crying, she just ran like crazy on the street.
There were bursts of gunfire ahead, as government troops and rebels were fighting.
She ignored it, didi honked her horn frantically, shouted: "Chinese!" and rushed past the frontal combat zone where the fighting ceased for a moment.
The motorcycle stopped at the entrance of the field hospital. The engine was so hot that it was about to explode. 
Song Ran shouted: "Help!"
Several soldiers chatting at the door immediately came to help and untied the rope.
Li Zan's eyes were closed tightly, his lips were white, and the bandage was stained blood red.  Before Song Ran could take another look at him, everyone quickly carried him into the hospital.
Song Ran fell off the motorcycle and followed him, but suddenly his feet became weak and he fell down on the steps.  She held her hands on the steps and tried to climb up, but then she realized that she was afraid and had no strength at all.
……
……
Li Zan was rescued.
He injured an artery and went into shock due to blood loss, but fortunately, he was rescued in time and his internal organs were not injured.  The doctor said it was lucky. The child was weak and it would have been dangerous if it had penetrated the lungs a few centimeters deeper.
The injury is not serious now, just rest.
When Benjamin and the others arrived, they were all relieved when they heard the news.
Song Ran told them that the person who stabbed Li Zan was a child: "He looked less than nine years old. Li Zan saw him sitting on the street and was afraid that the bullet would hit him, so he went to save him. Unexpectedly..."
Benjamin: "We have only heard about it before, but we haven't seen it yet."
   "It is said that?"
Kevin: "It is said that terrorist organizations captured many war orphans, along with civilians. But some of the children were not killed. They were raised since childhood."
George: "In that kind of environment, children's worldview will be distorted. From now on, they will only see killing."
Song Ran didn't expect that the child was a war orphan.  But at that time, he stabbed Li Zan, and like a demon, he chased them in the alley, pressing on them step by step, and even shot at them.
She felt cold in her heart.
Morgan said fiercely: "Fuck!"
Li Zan didn't wake up until night.  The most advanced ward is the psychiatrist from the field hospital.  After he came out, his teammates rushed into the ward to visit.
Song Ran followed the team and was the last one to walk into the ward. Worrying that his comrades were surrounding the bed, she stood and watched from a distance.