Chapter 14

Chapter 14
His eyes are calm and sincere, with full respect and attention.
Song Ran's heart skipped a beat inexplicably, his brain short-circuited for a moment, and he almost forgot what to ask.
She hastily looked down at her notebook, drew two horizontal lines under the first question with the pen in her hand as if to relieve the pressure, and asked again: "What is your main task in this operation?"
Li Zan replied: "Mine clearance, bomb disposal, explosion protection."
"What exactly does demining mean?"
"Clear a path through the minefield."
"Ordinary people's understanding of demining may be to remove all mines from minefields."
"The actual operation is very difficult, and it is usually not done. The cost of landmine installation is low, and the cost of investigation is high, which requires a lot of manpower and material resources. Generally, it is enough to clear the isolation area." When he answered the question, he looked at her seriously, his eyes never moving  .  A little more serious than the usual gentle and smiling A-Zan.
Song Ran met his gaze and tried to concentrate:
"How dangerous do you think this mission is?"
"It can be said to be simple, or it can be said to be dangerous. After you are proficient in the operation, you only need to follow the steps. But the process of finding mines is long and boring, and it is easy to be slack and careless."
She nodded, and her arms were a little sore because she was always holding the microphone: "Aside from these, during the peacekeeping period in the Eastern Kingdom, do you have other types of tasks that you can disclose?"
"The main thing is to protect civilians, Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross..." Li Zan answered halfway, and glanced at the microphone in her hand; he adjusted his sitting posture slightly, and took the microphone out of her hand and took it beside him, "  Investigate hidden dangers in the city, such as bombs, suicide attacks..."
He did a set of small movements very naturally, his eyes were still fixed on her, and he spoke calmly.
Her heart, however, was like the surface of a lake where the breeze passed by, causing slight ripples.  She lowered her head to look at the notebook again, and after a brief adjustment, raised her head to look at him again, and continued to the next question.
The interview was not long, and it was coming to an end in seven or eight minutes.
There is only one last question left, "Will you participate in the war?"
"It's hard to make a conclusion at the moment. It depends on the changes in the situation. If you want to participate, you need to be authorized by the Dongguo government. At this stage, what you are doing is international assistance and peacekeeping."
After he finished his answer, he looked at her calmly for two seconds, then smiled slowly, pointed at the notebook in her hand relaxedly, and said, "If I remember correctly, this is the last question?"
"You have a good memory. It's over." Song Ran relaxed his shoulders, "Thank you for your cooperation."
"You're welcome." He handed the microphone to her.  She took it and turned off the switch.
"It's all right. You can go." She said, then turned around and capped the pen cap, closed the notebook and rolled up the microphone cable.
Li Zan didn't leave, pointed to the tripod and the camera, and said, "Do you want to accept this?"
Song Ran felt embarrassed, and hurriedly said, "I can clean it up myself."
Li Zan pointed to a button: "Close here?"
"... Mmm." She nodded.
He turned off the camera, closed the cover, picked up the camera with one hand, and grabbed the tripod with the other.  Seeing this, she stepped forward to help: "Turn it clockwise..."
She accidentally bumped into his hand, and immediately withdrew it like an electric shock.
As if he didn't pay attention, he quickly separated the instrument from the shelf.
Song Ran took the camera and put it in the bag. Li Zan folded the tripod and asked casually, "Can I interview you?"
She was taken aback by these words: "What?"
"Are you alone in Jialuo?"
   "yes."
Li Zan thought for a while and said: "I watch TV, the studio switches to the outside scene, and the live broadcast is connected. There must be two people outside. One is in charge of filming, and the other is in charge of speaking."
"Alone is fine," Song Ran said with a smile, "Just adjust the camera, it's almost like taking a selfie."
"So it's you who appear on the screen and direct the show."
"Yeah." Song Ran packed up the microphone recorder and other miscellaneous things, and said, "Camera, editing, satellite transmission...it's all me."
He folded the tripod and handed it to her, suddenly smiled and said, "You are not what you look like."
She was stunned: "What's different?"
But he didn't say anything, he just smiled.
She packed the big backpack, he put the chair back in place, and said goodbye at the door.
   "goodbye."
The two parted ways.
She walked a certain distance before subconsciously looking back. His back was getting farther and farther away in the setting sun.
The air is still hot, and the sun still has the burning power on the skin.
Song Ran put on her hat and mask, and walked silently to the hotel with a huge bag on her back.