Chapter 54

Prom💃🏽

Matt Lang
What time are we meeting again?

Julia Albain
Is the limo going to be there early enough for pictures?

Brian Holden
Everyone who's in the glee club needs to remember to show up early for rehearsal!

Lauren Lopez
When the hell are we supposed to eat during all of this?

Nick Lang
Lauren's right—is there going to be food at this party Criss?

Darren Criss
Can you all please stop blowing up my phone and read the goddamn group chat because I already answered all of this!!!!

The day of prom had finally arrived, and Joe's Facebook limo group chat was as hectic as could be. Granted, figuring out a schedule that worked for ten prom couples wasn't easy.

"So after all of that, Jaime said yes. What'd I tell you my guy?" Joe bragged to Dylan, watching with amusement as their prom group chat continued to go off.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Dylan shrugged off. "Thanks for the help on the proposal by the way."

"Of course. After all, chicks love cardboard signs," He stated confidently. "I told Jeff to do the same thing for Rachael and it worked like a charm."

"Is every senior bringing a date?" Dylan asked.

"Well, there's the senior couples, like Matt and Rusty, and Meredith and Holden," Joe counted off on his finger. "I'm bringing Brian, Lopez is bringing Richter, you're bringing Jaime, Nick's bringing Lily, Jeff is bringing Rachael, Moses is bringing Tessa, and Jim's bringing Sango." (lol I threw in the old OG starkid ships from back in the day if you were there in the fandom)

"Damn, full limo. Did we book one that can seat twenty people?"

"Who cares? That's a Darren problem. If we don't have enough seats, I'll sacrifice and let Brian sit on my lap."

Dylan rolled his eyes. "What a noble man you are."

"Don't you know it," Joe teased, to which he heard a huff from where she was sitting a few partner desks over, evidently eavesdropping on his conversation. "I'm just pissed that the glee club has to perform for this. Like, it's my prom. Darren better carry heavily."

"I'm sure he will," Dylan reassured. "You have another big romantic gesture planned?"

Joe answered Dylan by gesturing his eyes in the direction of Zoey. "Nah, not this time... better safe than sorry. What about you? Doing a duet with Jaime?"

"We actually have a couple of songs planned," Dylan informed Joe happily. "I just hope Holden doesn't ride our ass too hard to rehearse when we all set up later. Jaime and Lauren are going to find some way to get on his nerves, mark my words."

xXx

"Aw Jo-Jo, it matches your suit perfectly," Lauren remarked as Joey placed the purple corsage on her wrist. The petite girl was in a skin tight, spaghetti strap, all white dress, with her younger boyfriend wearing a lavender suit. "You look amazing," she told him honestly.

Joey blushed, securing the corsage. "You're stunning as always," he stated simply. "You excited for your prom?"

"Meh," Lauren replied blandly, dread filling her chest. "Do you think we'll be able to have any fun at all tonight?"

"Oh sure," Joey remarked. "Our duet of 'Closing Time' is going to shut the entire prom down obviously, with the intense sexual magic we'll be spraying all over the room—"