Chapter 19

Long ass chapter. CW some heated kissing and alcohol, and TW for panic attack and self-harm (message me if you don't want to read the self-harm portion and I'll send you a summary of what happens!).

"Lo, what are we doing?"

"Shh," Lauren whispered, bringing her lips back to his. She had her eyes closed tightly as she kissed Joey, the sounds from the bleachers above drifting away. Once again, Lauren Lopez had no idea what had come over her, only that she wanted to kiss him as much as humanly possible. As soon as he had agreed to come with her, she'd led him by his hand to under the bleachers, away from all the commotion, and smashed her face against his.

"What happened to us just coming to this as friends?" Joey finally asked, taking a few steps back from her. "Not that I'm not enjoying this—I am absolutely loving this. It's just, I thought we didn't want to complicate things? I thought you didn't want to complicate things? And this, I mean, this is giving me major Avril Lavigne song vibes."

Lauren laughed softly and sighed, resting her back against a metal pole holding the bleachers up. "I don't know anymore. I mean, I came looking for you the other day thinking that I was going to tell you that we needed to back off from each other so we could get over our feelings," she admitted, her face flushing red with guilt. "But then I saw you talking and being friendly with those girls, and... you know."

"I do know, but please, remind me." Joey teased, walking back over to her. "What about seeing me with 'those girls'?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her.

She placed her hands on his chest, staring up at him with a grin. "You're an ass." She reached up and wrapped her arms around the back of his head, Joey leaning down and kissing her softly. "I was... jealous. And I am not the jealous type."

"I know you're not," Joey reassured, running a hand through her hair gently. "So, does the fact that you don't want me dating anybody besides you mean that you like, really do like me?"

"You were still doubting that?" Lauren asked, looking up at him sadly. "Joey, I wasn't lying. I'm crazy about you." She brought her lips back to Joey's, kissing him a little more forcefully.

Joey responded enthusiastically, granted his heart sinking a little at the fact that she hadn't stated that she wants him to be her boyfriend. That being said, this was the first time that she hadn't entirely shut him down. "We should, we should get back," Joey whispered in between kisses. "We've been gone for awhile, Brian and Corey are gonna, gonna get upset with me—"

"Just a few more minutes?" Lauren asked desperately, and Joey obeyed, walking the two of them backwards until Lauren's back eventually hit a bleacher pole. He pressed up against her, cupping her face with his hands and tilting her head back slightly. Lauren gasped softly, unable to believe that she'd been stopping herself from having this for so long. She couldn't hold back her desires anymore; she wanted as much of him as she could get. "Maybe we can, maybe we can talk after the game? About... us?"

xXx

"Did you find them?"

"Hm?" Brian shook his head, Corey snapping him out of his trance.

"Lauren and Joey. Did you find them?"

"Oh, no." Brian responded shortly, sitting down next to Corey. It was taking everything he had not to burst into tears on the spot in front of the entire school.

Corey raised an eyebrow, noticing his friends changed behavior. "Are you okay? Did someone say something to you or something after Joe signaled you out?" Brian shook his head no, not convincing Corey at all. "Don't let these assholes bother you." Corey reassured him. "Who cares what they think; you're dating Joe! They're probably all just jealous about the fact that one of if not the most popular boy in school is into you."