Punishment

Fear's pet jumps down from the cottage roof top and lands close to me crumbling the ground around it. A new sense of being conflicts with my cowardice and so I quickly take a step back holding the broom handle ready to defend myself. Striking at the beast only for it to swing it's arm breaking the broom handle but with the last piece left in my hand I immediately spin round the beast burying the splintered broom handle into it's back.

A swift reaction that shocks me as that could have never come from me and especially as I am injured. The beast falls down to one knee howling strongly like a wounded animal and with a strong gust of wind I am blown backwards away from the beast. An evil groan echoes throughout the forest and continues into a screech. This time I do run, behind the cottage and deep into the forest.

I have run for as far as my lungs could carry me and so I sit by the roots of a tree shaking with fear wondering what is going to become of me. The hope that I wake in the sunny glade that is with John are at a far distance and I am unable to obtain them no matter how much I open and close my eyes.

Several minutes have pass as a sit by the roots of a tree and still my heart has no chance to settle as a frost bitten wind blows. I stand ready, however, the frosting wind seals my feet to the ground and I am unable to move. As the dust and leaves swirl around in the wind, an evil growl bellows out echoing throughout the forest.

“Never attack my beloved pet ever!” The angered voice roars.

My vision is everywhere as I try to watch everything that moves vigorously, but Pythose is so angered and so everything moves violently. I become more fearful than ever before as the roots on the tree slash at my face and hands. The leaves blowing in the wind are razor sharp and begin burying themselves beyond the leathers that I wear. I unable to fight back against such torture and so I fall to my knees feeling every bladed leaf piercing my body weakening me.

“And never... NEVER enter my house and kill my friends”

A face created by the dust and leaves expels from within the darkness of the forest staring at me with an angered grotesque expression. A high pitched screech begins to tear at my mind forcing me to ground in intense pain and as I place my head in my hands the screech becomes more monstrous. My head shake violently as my nose and my ears begin to bleed through the excessive pain and the fear I felt upon that moment was so strong that no words could ever describe it.

My eyes close tightly, my hands clench into fist as they press against my ears and I lay on the ground vulnerable to Pythose will. With the screech continuously tearing away at mind I scream as loud as I can for it has reached its pinnacle and I can no longer withstand. I become a rag-doll, lifeless, on the ground with the cold wind blowing around me and the screech continuing till I am no-longer conscious.