Dungeon Entanglement - The Sewer

After placing the book in my pocket I become frozen to the appearance of the darkness of the forest and I wait for the voice to speak to me. I stand to my feet still waiting for the forest to speak but no voice utters a single word and so I walk cautiously through the forest. The forest leaves chills running down my spine as it is quiet all apart from the twigs snapping beneath my feet.

I have walked for over an hour in the settled forest when I eventually come to an old stone wall that climbs into the sky. I follow along the wall looking for a way to get through and I come to a sewer pipe dribbling out a few drips of water. The pipe is large enough for me to walk into but with my back hunched down I proceed uncomfortably.

I reach a chamber that has several other drains and pipes leading to it. One of the pipes was far larger than the one I had walk through and I walk to the centre of the chamber. When I come to stand in the light cast by the moon shining through a grate in the ceiling my mind becomes faint as my destiny ruler is heard.

“The incey – wincey spider...climbed up the water spout”

The voice I had been waiting for speaks jittery whispers that echoes from pipes and around the chamber.

“Incey likes you...hehe, n-not in the w...way you hope.. hehehe”

Within the sounds of dripping water droplets I hear a strange sharp sound coming from with the pipes and it slowly gets louder as something becomes nearer. A black mist that covers the wall comes out from the pipes surrounding me and as it get closer I see that the black mist is thousands of tiny spiders. They persist to keep me surrounded, furthermore, they seem to keep a short distance from me as they circle around me.

The sharp insect screech the tiny spiders emits is drowned out by a much louder screech, by an insect far greater in size to the now insignificant tiny spiders. Tears run down my face like a river as a vision of not horror but terror walks towards me on eight hairy legs. I swallow my heart as the giant tarantula stops and looking at me with it's twitching claws opening and closing it's mouth. As I stand there weeping the tarantula screeches loud exciting the smaller spiders as they begin crawling up and around my body.

I thrash about like I am drowning in water and I try as I might the tiny spiders do not stop coming. But no amount of kicking, swinging my arms and standing on them keeps them from swarming evermore over me wrapping me in their web. I fight as hard I can to stop them from ravelling me in their web, however, they just swarm more and more till I am completely enveloped in a black mist. Eventually all that I can see is white as the rap me inside a steel like cocoon that every time I break through is instantly sealed.

The cocoon is so tight that I am unable to stop myself from falling to the ground. As I feel myself hit the ground I hear the tarantula walking towards me and claws pierce the cocoon as it picks me up from the ground. I do not know where it is taking me... I am overwhelmed with fear that I become dazed and unable to tell whether I am conscious or not.