35) Back Against the Wall

||Harry||

"Let go!" I spit at Sam as I try to jerk my arms free.

"You're upsetting her. I can't let you back in there." Sam states firmly. I mange to get my arm free and reach for the doorknob. "Don't be stupid." Sam threatens as he pulls a pistol from his waistband.

"She needs to rest. Stress is only going to make things worse for her." Carl adds.

I release the doorknob and storm down the hallway, knocking frames containing generic artwork off the wall on the way. When I make it to the lobby, I knock over every chair I can get my hands on. Michael stands quietly in the corner observing me until my thigh gives out and I collapse.

"You need to let them patch that up." he says to me as he offers me his hand. I take it and allow him to pull me to my feet. "Punishing yourself isn't going to change anything." he adds. He helps me hobble down the hall to an exam room.

Sam enters the room a few minutes later and starts working on my thigh, he's talking to me, but I can't hear a single word. I've lost her. I've lost the only thing that mattered to me. I was stupid to think this could ever work. That she would ever forgive me.

"Harry?" Michael's voice pulls me from my thoughts. I look up at him. "Your shirt?" he points. "Sam wants to look at your shoulder." I remove my shirt and toss it on the floor.

"This is healing up nicely, but you need to go easy on it." Sam says as he prods at the wound. My phone starts vibrating in my jacket pocket on the floor. Michael retrieves it for me.

"Styles."

"Where the fuck are you?!" Louis' voice demands on the other end.

"Getting patched up." I reply, which is technically true.

"Are you still in New York?"

"Yes."

"Report to JFK in an hour. I'll have your passport and a bag waiting here for you." he demands before hanging up.

"Did he call you?" I ask Michael.

"Who?"

"Louis. He wants me to meet him at JFK."

"Where are you going?"

"He didn't say."

"You're set." Sam interrupts.

"How far are we from JFK?" I ask him.

"About twenty minutes." he answers.

The last thing I want is to leave her here like this, but I don't really have a choice. Maybe I should just take this opportunity to break things off like I had planned on doing originally.

"How much will it cost to make sure she's taken care of?" I ask him.

"Depends on how long she's here and how discreet she is." he answers.

"Do you know anyone who does in-home care? Like a private nurse?" I ask thinking of the nurse they got to tend to Perrie.

"I know this one girl. Ex-military. Very discreet."

"Call her." I demand. "She can stay here as long as she needs. I'll cover whatever it costs."

"Okay." Sam answers as he pulls his phone out.

"Is she armed?"

"Always." Sam confirms, before walking out into the hallway to make the call. He returns a few minutes later. "She'll do it."

"So she'll stay here until she can go home and then your nurse will take care of her there?" I confirm

"Yes."