31) You Can't Always Get What You Want

||Harry||

"Harry!" Perrie greets me as soon as I step out of my cab. "I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?"

"I was working on an assignment upstate." I pay the driver and then walk to the boot of the cab to retrieve my suitcase. "What's going on?"

"I wanted to let you know that the wedding is on Sunday."

"Sunday?! You just got engaged!"

"We didn't want to wait and it's the anniversary of our first date. Keith rented out this lovely warehouse up in New York and hired this amazing wedding planner that has really pulled it all together..." she follows me all the way to the elevator rambling on about the wedding. "Please say you'll be there. Louis is giving everyone the afternoon off to go."

"Yeah, sure." I respond, just wanting her to leave.

"Thank you!" she exclaims and hugs me around the waist. I stand there awkwardly and wait for her release me. "It's Sunday at three. Ashton will be sending everyone the address."

"Okay." I reply and walk into the elevator. I get off on my floor and knock on Michael's door.

"Hey, Florence. Think you could help me out?" I greet him when he opens the door. He motions for me to come inside.

"How was your trip?"

"Awful." I respond as I take my shirt off and sit on the edge of his couch.

"What happened?" he asks as he pulls my old bandage off.

"Her dad is a real asshole. You think I'm bad, you should meet this guy. We ended up walking out. Then she caught me trying to change my bandage and grilled me about it on the ride home."

"What did you tell her?"

"Made up some story about a casino guest shooting me."

"Did she buy it?" he asks as he motions for me to hand him another piece of tape.

"I honestly don't know."

"What are you going to do?"

"What can I do?" I ask back. Michael finishes securing the bandage and then sits in the armchair across from me.

"You don't want to hear this." he starts. I stare at him and wait for him to continue. "I think you need to break it off. You have a supply of ketamine, so there's no need to continue putting her at risk. If you care about her - and it sounds like you do - you need to keep her as far away from all of this as you can."

"I don't want to." I mumble.

"What did you think was going to happen? That you would move her into your suite, get married, have a few kids and she'd never find out what you actually do for a living? Unless she wants to join, whatever you two have going on has an expiration date. It's better if you end it before Louis ends it for you."

"You're right." I respond, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm sorry, mate. I just think it's for the best." he stands up and pats me on my good shoulder. "Are you going to the wedding?"

"What does it matter?"

"I was just going to say that you should take her to the wedding. Enjoy one last night with her and then break it off. Perrie's family got in today and Zayn's got in last night. It's going to be a discreet, family friendly event. Should be safe to bring her along."

"Are you going?" I ask, finally looking up at him.

"Fuck yeah. You know what they say about weddings, don't you?" he answers as he holds up a large box of condoms. I can't help but laugh.