𝟏.

Eyes That Are In Love With You
October 6th, 2001; 8:23 PM; BerethVille Drive

It all happened when I was working overtime in the office. It felt like a very uncanny feeling because I have never dared to stay out late working at the office before. The nights here in BerethVille weren't as calm as they've always been. Ever since I've moved here for a bigger job opportunity, I've heard creepy things. Yeah, I've done some research...but a higher pay sounded way better than being in a city with
minimum wages.

I got up from my desk and put on my coat, getting ready to encounter the horrible wind. The weather was in the process of shifting from hot to cold during the fall season. I grabbed my bags & looked outside the windows. "Damn.", I said to myself. I couldn't see anything but the trees swaying quietly as the rain drizzled. I opened the door, and the wind almost flew me back into the building. I managed to make the run to my car, almost flying with every step I took. I struggled unlocking the door and right when I did, I caught myself hearing something coming from inside the bushes. "Awe shit, let me get outta here!" I thought while jumping into my car, locking the doors immediately and pushed the gas pedal of my 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE.

My car wasn't always the best at speeding, but out of speed I knew I had to get away from the building. I've been feeling like somebody has been watching me for the past two weeks, and it doesn't feel good.

I pulled into my driveway and turned my car off. Hopped out the car & closed the creaky door, along starting to walk towards my mailbox. I started to smell a very strong scent as I got closer to the mailbox, almost causing me to puke. The smell was very close, and I was very hesitant to open the mailbox. I grabbed the mail and ran into the house quickly. I locked the door and sat down on my recliner to read the mail. I ripped open the envelope to discover my water bill, and I start reading it. I sighed and mumbled under my breath, "$120? I haven't even used much water lately. I've been washing up with a jug of water. That's strange." I said while tossing the bill into the bin along with the other ones, leaving a strange looking letter on the table. I noticed a bit of burn marks and feeling that it was a bit wet. I ripped it open and there it let out an odd sensation. There flew a letter that I began to unravel and read it.

Love letter.
"When two souls collide, love is made. But as soon as we collide you'll be all mines. My beloved. Your nice curly shiny hair, your curves, your blood, your soul, maybe even that cat that you own. I might be watching you when you read this, but you'll never think of it. Keep me in mind I beg. You'll see me soon; we may bump heads. You just don't know how much I like admiring you at night from that cozy queen-sized bed by the window. You just don't know how pretty you look while sleeping. Any who, I'll see you soon my beloved. Why don't you listen to the DVD I taped to the back."

I took the DVD and put it inside my radio player, and the song "I love you always forever" by Donna Lewis started to play. That was generous of him. But who is he? I've never even associated with a man that could be so in love, but also watches me. I liked the way he thinks about me but if only I knew who he was. You know what? Never mind. Why would I fall for someone who's creepy, stalkerous, and weird?

I turned off all the lights in the house. I didn't even bother to eat dinner, with the thoughts that ruined my whole appetite. I closed the curtains to my room as every night. I washed myself up then got into bed. I snuggled into the covers of my bed with myself tossing and turning. That letter shifted my thoughts so much that I started to think of sleeping with one eye open. I began to look outside, but saw nothing, and with that I ended up falling asleep from fighting it.

Morning approached quickly, I noticed that my window was opened slightly. I don't remember the window being open, but okay. I got up from my bed and to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth & washed my face. I ended up putting on an old button up & a pair of low waisted jeans. I slicked my hair into a bun & grabbed my purse. Didn't have much time to make some coffee, not like I actually drink it anyways. Coffee is all an adulting scheme used to make us feel better, but it brings us lower than normal. I personally felt like a prisoner to society, a prisoner to the government. I get up each morning to attend my big girl job, and here come those fat ass government officials taking away money!