Fools Gold

I wake up the next morning in my bed. The last thing I remember is falling asleep on Layton's shoulder watching a movie. I go back to last night and how that kiss felt, and how natural it felt for him to hold me close to him. Our mate bond is growing.

I go downstairs and find a note on the counter.

Here is my credit card and computer. Order you some clothes, a phone and whatever else you need. I'll be home about 5:30 for a date. I have a dress for you in your closet.
-Layton

I smile to myself as I read the note. I open the computer. I ordered a few things I needed.

I made myself some lunch and read my book for a little while. I went upstairs at about four to get ready for our date. I got a shower, washing my hair and shaving my legs.

I get out and dry off. I open the closet to see a pretty red dress hanging there. I put it on and do my hair before going downstairs. As I walk downstairs, the front door opens. Layton stands there staring at me.

(Play Song)
*Layton's POV*
I come home as Julie makes her way down the stairs. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a braid. And that red dress looked amazing on her. It hugged her in all the right places, showing off her gorgeous body, and the red made her beautiful green eyes pop.

"Wow. You look amazing, Julie!" I say in amazement.

She blushes as she continues down the stairs. She reaches the bottom and stops. I walk over to her. I take her hand spinning her. She giggles, making me smile. She stops in front of me. I couldn't help myself. I lean in and kiss her. My wolf goes crazy, and I have to control myself. I pull away, and she looks at me smiling.

"I'm gonna go change out of my suit real quick. I'll be right down." I say rushing upstairs.

*Julie's POV*
I stand at the end of the stairs, all ready to go. He comes down, and he looks so handsome. He ran some gel through his hair that is giving it a wet look, and it was hanging down in his face. He stops in front of me.

"Ready?" He asks with a smile on his face.

I pushed his hair to the side so I could see his eyes.

"I am now." I say, smiling at him. He smiles back, and I see his eyes light up.

He takes my hand and leads me outside. He helps me into his truck.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we drive into the woods.

"It's a surprise." He says, squeezing my hand and giving me a quick glance before looking back at the road.

We drive for another five minutes, and he stops near a little path on the side of the road. He gets out and comes around opening my door. I give him a skeptical look, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Trust me." He says, smiling and holding his hand out to me.

I place my hand in his and get out. He leads me down the path, and we come to a clearing. That was decorated so cozy and beautiful. It was an area rug with a teepee on it with a mattress under it with pillows and a blanket with a little fire pit. It was beautiful and cozy.

I look at him with a huge smile on my face. "You did this for me?" I say excitedly.

"Ughh... yeah. I wanted to do something rememberable for our first date." He says, turning to me.

"This is amazing!" I squeeze his hand in excitement. He smiles at me and kisses me. It was a long and passionate kiss. It was amazing. It made my head spin, and my stomach filled with butterflies. I never felt anything like it before. We pulled away breathless, and I could feel my cheeks turning red.

We sit down, and he pulls out a basket with all kinds of food and goodies in it. We eat, talk, and just enjoy being together while getting to know one another. After we eat, we lay on the bed next to each other. My head on his stretched out arm under me.

"Thank you!" I say, looking up at him. "No one has ever done anything like this for me. It was very kind."

He smiles and moves some hair from my face. "I'd do anything for you." He says, pulling me to him. He places a quick and sweet kiss on my lips. I pull away, smiling.

I move his hair back out from his face. I look at the scar, and I can feel him tense. I run my finger over it.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

He doesn't say anything for a second. Then he clears his throat. "My twin brother and I got into a car accident. We were hit by a drunk driver and we both ended up in the hospital. I had a few broken bones, broken ribs, and a concussion, but he didn't make it." He says with a shaky voice and tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say softly. "That must have been terrible.

"It was hard. I was the one driving." He says quietly, looking up at the sky as a tear slips down his face. I stare at him for a minute, feeling his pain and how much he blames himself.

"Layton, it wasn't your fault. It was the drunk drivers." I say, squeezing his hand.

He had opened up to me. He had trusted me and told me something so tragic. I felt as if I should tell him about my situation and why I ran away.

"Can I tell you something." I say, sitting up and playing with my hands.

"Of course." He sits up, looking at my hands and then at me.

"I trust you, Layton. And I know you will do the right thing." I say, not looking at him. He doesn't say anything waiting for me to continue.

"My name isn't Julie Jordan. It is Julie Milkovich." I say quickly.

"Alpha Milkovich's daughter?" He says calmly after a moment.

"Yeah." I say, looking down. "I ran away two months ago. He and my mom are very abusive and controlling. They tried to get me to mate with his beta to give my dad a strong heir for the pack. But I didn't want to because I wanted to wait for my mate." I finally look up at him.

He doesn't say anything for a minute. "Are you mad?" I ask quietly.

"I just don't get why you didn't tell me." He said, looking at me.

"I didn't know if I could trust you. Like you said, we are strangers. I didn't know if you would send me back to him." I say, trying to stay calm.

"Well, your dad and his beta have no control over you anymore. You are mine now." He says, squeezing my hand.

"Thank you." I say, giving him a smile.

"For what?" He asks with a curious look on his face.

"For letting me finally open up and be able to trust someone." I say, holding back tears.

He places a hand on my cheek, looking me in the eyes.

"You're my mate. You can trust me with anything. No more secrets." His hand under my chin forcing eye contact. "Got it." He says, firmly making my stomach drop and swarm with butterflies.

I shake my head as he wraps his arms around me, kissing my forehead.