Chapter 15

TW: VERY UH VERY DESCRIPTIVE DETAILED MENTIONS OF BLOOD, GORE AND UH LOST LIMBS VERY PAINFUL IM SORRY WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE

Donnie heard a ringing in his ear before he lfited his eyes to a frightening image of the inside of a Kraang prison. The Kraang prison. It was worse than he thought, and he was right about other people being there. Except the screams and cries of agony were much more bloodcurdling. 

He huffed and looked up at his arms, which were chained to the wall, naturally complimented by a firm, sticky Kraang goo. Out of the corner of his eye he saw what looked like Jonah's body, but decided not to divert his attention away from a blinking light at his hip.

"My backup walkie...!"

Donnie grunted and unfolded his right leg, standing it up as best as he could. He bent his neck forward and latched onto the antenna with his teeth, trying to unclip it from his belt loop. It unhooked after a few seconds, but slipped from his grasp. The walkie fell to the ground and skidded a foot or two away from him. 

Dammit...

He gritted his teeth and leaned forward, trying to reach it with his foot. "Come on..."

Suddenly a familiar creature kicked the walkie away with a flick of its tentacle. Donnie raised his eyes and a wave of disgust washed over him. "Kraang..."

The Kraang leader looked down at him in equal disgust, a smirk playing on his face. "I barely believe my eyes."

The turtle narrowed his own eyes, refusing to speak anymore. The monster noticed this and got up in his face, snarling. "Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

Donnie felt a surge of anger burn in his chest, so he spit in the Kraang's face. As the slimeball stumbled back, it was the turtle's turn to smirk in satisfaction. 

In the blink of an eye a sharp pain terrorized his face, compliments to the quick blow of the Kraang in front of him. Donnie barely had time to process it before he was gripped by the shirt, unwillingly heaved forward by the beast that stood before him. "You will die in this place. And you will never see your family again."

Donatello, for the first time in a long while, felt fear for himself. A sure, cold shiver went through him, shocking as a jump in ice cold water. His eyes darted away for a moment, to the corspe of the boy who's face looked familiar. Jonah had no tech and no mystic powers. And still Donnie wondered if getting out of here was less or more likely than the boy's chances.

-

The sound of tape stretching off of its roll, and then the gentle rubber like squeaks that came with wrapping it around a surface. Twice, three times, then four. The smoothing of the nap, a crease within the last edge, rubbed with a little boy's thumb to make it appear neater. Casey Jr let it fall to the floor, and it chain clanked. 

It was a fully prepared hockey stick, one press of a button, and the chain saw at the end of it whirred with a forceful chucking sound. Casey smiled and powered it off, heaving it over his shoulder. 

The sun was stalling in the sky, a cold breeze blowing Casey's hair behind him. He lifted a hand to shadow his eyes, the clouds catching pink and orange memories and pushing them back out as a painting by God himself.

With the pulling in and out of a steady breath, he let his arm drop, scuffing his feet across the gravely roof top as the edge drew near. He breathed, mumbling a few incoherent words. 

Three words. I'm sure he wishes for them to not be revealed quite yet.

It was the twenty-fourth day of the twelfth month, Christmas eve.

 And Casey Jr. was turning eleven in eigth hours.

Then the Kraang prison in the sky emitted a fiery substance, like an explosion had happened inside of it. An explosion did  happen. Casey blinked and raised his thumb. It was covered.

Uncle 'Tello, He immediately thought. 

____

Donnie was running for his life. Limping for his life.

He stumbled along the twisting hallways of the prison, his right foot absent. In the middle of his struggle to break free, one of the chains had a trigger that would activate when a person pulled on it. The rest is the gory, obvious fate of what happened next.

He ran past the many stakes that had heads on top of them, blood still dripping from the gashes where their necks should be. He pushed Cassandra's face out of his mind. As far as he was concerned, he hadn't seen anything.

"Fuck..." He muttered, stepping cautiously into a dark tunnel. He smacked his teeth in annoyance, as if a lost foot was the least of his problems. He reached into his belt and took out what seemed to be chapstick. Seemed to be. He pressed a button and it extened into long staff, crackling with electricity. 

"Alright, fuckers." Donnie regained his balance. He had milliseconds to react before something slashed his arm. He winced and looked in its direction. "Damned Kraang."

He shot at it with the venom like electricity and it screeched in agony, a rush of hope swelled in Donatello's chest while he swung in every direction, keeping them back. It was like heaving a torch while being surrounded by a pack of wolves. He knew they wanted him for his brain, but he'd blow his head to smitherines before telling them anything.

Another blow was thrown at him, this time into his stomach, a piercing wave of pain settling in his body as blood poured out. He gasped and stumbled, but was grounded and stayed on his feet. It was as if flashlights went on and off around him, his vision collapsing with reality itself. Donnie gritted his teeth and spun his staff in his two hands, determination turning into desperation. He was going to make it home, he told himself.

Wasn't he?

He huffed and decided he'd killed off enough to run full speed ahead, despite the darkness, despite the dangers. Despite himself. But as was said before, determination turned into desperation. 

The turtle skid across the slippery halls, pushing past the multitude of bodies and malnourished arms reaching out to him from the groaning and crying souls who weren't so lucky. He saw a blinking light a few feet in front of him, bending down to pick it up. He slapped on his watch and did his best to run and type at the same time. "C'mon Leo, pick up..."

He felt a surge of hope as he heard his brother pick up, immediately screaming into the watch. "Leo, I need help! I-"

____

A scream, the sound of bones breaking and then nothing. They sat there as static followed. Minutes of silence went by, a tear in Leo's eye. April let out a breath she'd been holding, running to the corner of the room and heaving up that morning's rations.

Mikey covered his mouth with his hands, trembling. "Leo...? Is he..."

Galileo squirmed and scrunched up his face, wondering where his father's voice had went.

____