𝟑. 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

The omega rang the bell and waited for the man to answer, glancing around with a scowl curling his lips as he took in his surroundings

The omega rang the bell and waited for the man to answer, glancing around with a scowl curling his lips as he took in his surroundings. The complex hadn't changed since his last visit, it still looked like it was on the brink of collapsing. Once again he wondered how his bestfriend could bear to live in a place like that. It wasn't for lack of trying to convince him to move eleswhere but the human was stubborn and rejected every single of his attempts at broaching the subjects no matter how persuasive he tried to be. Off handedly dropping hints about an affiliate new complex in a better part of town that was just in his range price or subtly talkingabout buying off the building to fix it Taehyung shot him down.

He didn't know how he was supposed to feel knowing his friend would rather live in these slums than use the means of the well-off omega willfully put at his disposal.

In the end he had stopped pushing and just let things go, certain that when he would really needed it he would take him up on it later.

But it was by far the least surprising thing about the man named Kim taehyung. Their friendship was unlikely for so many reasons he didn't feel like to all enumerate. They met a while ago. Him, the reclusive, coldhearted grandson of the Park leader's and the son of one of theirs butlers.

They had nothing in common and it was fair to assume they wouldn't get along but it'd make ten years since they became friends in a few months.

People always found him off putting. They told him he was too intense when they wanted to be kind and a raging psychopath when they wanted to hurt him. It was one of the reason why beside Taehyung he didn't have others friends and his love life was chaotic. That and he refused to date Alphas even during his heats.

The human seemed like the only one who saw good in him. His relatives all thought he was a monster and would bring the clan's downfall but Taehyung didn't think like that. He teased him when he took his grandfather's critics to heart and together they mocked his relatives.

He was the only person human or not he could talk to.

Lately because of his work it'd become increasingly difficult to see him between his obligations toward the company, his grandfather's death and the shit his relatives had been stirring behind his back. It's the first time in nearly three months
since he was coming here.

It had seemed like the natural thing to do because he knew he would have killed them if he had stayed a second longer there.

Times passed without a response. The omega frowned, ringing again. He wondered if he was coming at a bad time. Maybe the latter was still at work or at one of his lecture. When he wasn't dealing with his bullshit Taehyung was a typical struggling artist. He studied art at the Seoul Art Institute and worked partime at a upscale club while in his little spare time he painted.

It was his passion. He loved a lot of dead artists and his apartment was full of theirs pieces, fake of course because he couldn't afford the real ones and some he'd reproduced himself to train. He also painted original works but didn't sell them yet he waited until he could make an exhibition.