Chapter Thirty-Three: Bedrest.

Karlach caught the falling Citrine, she looked around at the others, Astarion came bounding through, and he picked Citrine out of Karlach's arms. Citrine's eyes fluttered open. "If you don't stop falling we are going to have issues." Astarion kissed her head, cradling her in his arms he looked to the others. "I think this is enough excitement for one day."

"I am fine, just got dizzy is all." Citrine pushed Astarion's chest, her feet kicked to be put down. He held her tighter. "I said I'm fine."

"No, I agree with Astarion. We need to know how this even happened. My vote is for us to rest the day, sleep the night, and head back to Waterdeep. My tower will be more crowded but I bet I have a book somewhere on this sort of thing."

Karlach yelled. "Holy fuck mate you're standing in the sun!" The group laughed.

"I'll tell you all about it as soon as this one is in a bed." Astarion smiled at Karlach.

"I am fine, I can walk Astarion put me down." Astarion did not listen and the others seemed to ignore her. A wicked thought crossed her mind, she could misty step out of his hands, she had the silver ring given to her by one of the dragonborn she had met on their journey. As if reading her mind Astarion looked to her.

"Don't even think about doing whatever it is you're thinking." His tone was stern. Citrine grumbled in his arms. She could hear Shadowheart and Karlach still fighting over names, and Gale and Wyll were catching up on their adventures.

Daggerford Inn wasn't far and soon she was lying back down in her bed. "I could have walked." Her voice was grumpy and Astarion kissed her head.

"I'm going to be a father." He sat down next to her. There are going to be little me's walking around. Oh Gods there are going to be little me's walking around." He clasped her hands into his own. "And little you's. And here I thought I was just going to propose to you."

Citrine laughed. "All the planes should be shaking in their boots, two little you's running around." She smiled. "I don't know how this happened."

"It could have been the unprotected sex." Astarion grinned. Citrine scooted over patting the empty space next to her. "So wedding or giving birth first? Completely up to you, if it were up to me children first, I want a large lavish wedding. Flowers, candles, drapes the works."

Citrine sat up. "I have to give birth." Astarion laughed pulling her back down into his arms.

"That usually happens when one is pregnant."

"I don't think you understand how painful giving birth is."

"So you've done it before?" He laughed placing his free hand onto her stomach.

"Astarion." She said plainly. His fingers traced her torso.

"You know you have been looking a plump I should of guessed." He rolled her over to kiss her. She pulled back.

"Plump? Astarion you are walking on very, very thin ice right now." He pushed his lips onto hers.

"I'm only teasing you. We are going to be parents, and you still haven't answered my question. Wedding or birth?"

"How about a stable place to live?"

"I hadn't thought of that. I thought wood elves liked to roam, and let nature be their guide and all. But you're right, and after all the gold given to Lucretious I'm not too sure how easily we can now afford that. Especially since we will need a place large enough for the entire herd. From the sounds of it, they were ready to let everyone else know what is going to happen."

"Lae'zel is going to lose her mind. I do have a couple of ideas, there is the grove, then there's Halsin's new grove there would be lots of kids there already or we could search for his deed."

"Lots of children for them to nibble on. Wait whose deed?" Astarion looked to Citrine.

"Well, um, Cazador's we could find the deed and sell it, with everything there it might be worth quite a bit. I compete understand if you say no though I couldn't even walk into that room let alone what he did to you I understand if that isn't even an option."

Astarion paused tracing her, "No that's not a bad idea at all. The bastard owes me more than that but it's a start." He laid his hand flat on her belly. "What if they can't walk in the sun?"

"Then we will tear it from the sky and bleed anyone who stands in our way." There was truth in her words, she would light every plane on fire and burn it to the ground.

"Careful my love no murdering while carrying my children, at least six weeks after they're born then feel free to do what you please." The two laughed.

"Can I get up now?"

"No, you can stay there."

"Astarion, what did you want to talk to me about the other night?"

"I'll tell you if you tell me what you want to give me." Citrine nodded. "You first."

She gave a long sigh, "I'm learning lessor restoration so that I can help you, without you worrying." She held onto his arm, she could feel him sighing.

"I don't want to have to feed off you." Held her tighter.

"You may not want to but if I didn't want to eat you'd make me right? I understand you can live off animals but you've told me before thinking creatures are better for you. I don't want you feeding off someone else. I would get jealous."

"Jealous? Listen I understand what you're saying and we will talk about it after our children are here. Holy shit our children, it doesn't feel real."

"No, it doesn't. But in a way for me, it does. My dream the other night was of just that." She pushed herself up looking down at him soaking in each of his features. "I think I saw them, I think they showed themselves to me. I know that's impossible but so are they."

Astarion sat up, eyes wide. "What we're they like?"

"They were beautiful Astarion, one ran to you the other clung to my leg they-"

"I don't want to know their genders, I want that to be a surprise. Please." Citrine nodded.

"One had your eyes, the other mine. One called you "Papa" they both were the most beautiful children I have ever seen."

Astarion chewed his cheek. "Papa huh? I can live with that."

"I didn't even mention the best part, we were all out in the sun. I think they wanted me to know they'd be okay."

Astarion pulled her into him, kissing her head. "I love you my darling."

"I love you, it's your turn." A look of confusion then realization, he laughed.

"I was going to propose."