Initiation

Jaune can be seen flying through the skies above the Emerald Forest with his wingsuit. He sees a decent sized clearing with a familiar Redhead in it and rolls his body to head there. Once he is close enough he pulls his parachute and glides to the clearing. Seeing the ground within reach he grapples to it. He successfully lands.

Jaune: Another successful landing for Jaune Rodriguez!

Pyrrha quickly turns around

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha! I see no one with you. You haven't got a teammate yet?

Pyrrha: No.

Jaune: Well, you do now!

Pyrrha: Great! Sooo... which way do we go from here? I might have lost my bearings when you landed and it doesn't help that it's midday.

Jaune: Gimme a sec.

Jaune grapples to the top of a tall tree and scans the area. He sees the temple off in the distance. He grapples back down.

Jaune: We go this way.

Pyrrha: I hope you know what you are doing.

Jaune: Hey, I always know what I'm doing!

Pyrrha just deadpans at him

Jaune: Fine, most of the time.

Pyrrha: I know, just making conversation.

Jaune: Oh.

The two walk for a few minutes chatting until Pyrrha asks Jaune something

Pyrrha: So Jaune, why do you have a tattoo of a scorpion? Aren't you a bit young for tattoos?

Jaune: Oh that well my teacher and I guess you could call a second dad to me had a scorpion tattoo. When he passed away I took his last name to keep his name alive and the tattoo was just an idea I had.

Jaune hears a noise far away and turns his head.

Jaune: Did you hear that?

Pyrrha: Gunfire. It seems some of our peers have encountered trouble.

Jaune slumps dramatically

Jaune: Aww man they get to have fun before us.

Pyrrha: You love fighting don't you?

Jaune: What can I say, I'm an adrenaline junkie.

They keep moving forward, Jaune still staring in the sound's direction as Pyrrha raises a branch to pass by and accidentally releases it right at Jaune's face sending him to the floor.

Jaune: Agh! The forest is attacking me!

Pyrrha: Jaune! I'm sorry!

Jaune: (laughs, lowering his hand from his cheek to reveal a gash) It's okay. T'is but a scratch! (gets back up as Pyrrha approaches him)

Pyrrha: Why didn't you activate your Aura?

Jaune: Huh? Oh yeah I was distracted, sorry. Let me use it quickly.

Pyrrha: (she watches the scratch close up and vanish) You have a lot of it.

Jaune: Yeah, I use it when I grapple to lessen the strain on my body.

Pyrrha: Wait what's your Semblance anyway?

Jaune: I call it Aura Amp. It allows me to amplify mine or anyone else's Aura.

Pyrrha: So you could also act as support.

Jaune: Sí. I can choose who lives or dies hahaha!

The two continue forward meanwhile at the cliffs Professor Ozpin is watching the students on his Scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest when Glynda Goodwitch walks up behind him, holding her own tablet.