Initiation begins

Ruby and Jaune enter the Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people. Ruby looks around then she hears Yang's voice.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Oh well, might as well find a spot. (he moves on not seeing Pyrrha watching him walk away.)

Jaune finds a spot and begins to tinker a little bit with his Grappler. Minutes later he hears a voice.

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there!

Jaune: Hm? Hey! I'm not scraggly! I'm rugged! La Puta!

Ruby: Wow, really?!

Weiss: (dead silence under her glare) No.

The girls' attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.

Skipping Ozpin's speech

Yang: He seemed kind of... off.

Ruby: It's almost like he wasn't even there.

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, is in her pajamas and is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!

Ruby: (not looking up) I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: I know I do! (purrs as she watches several muscular, shirtless guys... and Jaune, dressed in his normal clothes before she returns her attention to Ruby) What's that?

Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.

Yang: Aw, that's so cuuuute! (knocked back as a pillow is launched at her face)

Ruby: Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!

Yang: What about Jaune? He's nice! There you go! Plus one friend! That's a hundred percent increase!

Ruby: (turning on her back) Pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to zero...

Yang: There's no such things as negative friends! You just made one friend and one enemy! Look, it's only been one day. Trust me; you've got friends all around you! You just haven't met them yet!

The two sisters notice a candle being lit nearby, and Blake Belladonna is seen leaning against a wall, reading her book.

Meanwhile with Jaune

Jaune silently climbs up a wall and gets up onto one of the beams. He takes off his jacket and rolls it up to be used as a pillow. He tries to fall asleep but some people are being noisy.

Weiss and Yang: Oh, not you again!

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side!

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

Thwip!

Something grabs the candle and pulls it to one of the beams of the roof revealing it to be Jaune.