Chapter 10:

Aleyah's POV

I shut the door behind me and I turn to face the room.

I look over the room seeing an array of mixed furniture.

Xavier had a small twin bed pushed against the wall farthest from the door. The bed frame was made from a worn looking wood that had been painted white,but some of the paint had already begun to chip off.

The mattress on the bed looked small and stiff. The bed was unmade. A dark red bed sheet covered it along with a worn red plaid blanket.

Next to the bed was a light brown dresser. All six drawers are different shades of brown; they are either very different shade or they are slightly different shades of brown.

To the left of the door there stood a silver metal coat rack, and an old black leather jacket with tears hanging on one of the pegs.

A book case sits on the right of the door.The books ranged from old worn books to brand new books with no wear and tear present.I had not taken Xavier as a person to read, but I guess that he must have a lot of free time on his hands due to being all alone most of his time.

I walk to the dresser and open one of the drawers to find Xavier's boxers and black t shirts folded neatly in the drawer. I take a pair of boxers and shirt. I change into them; slipping them over  my undergarments.

 I walk over to his bed, and I had been right. The bed was stiff and even though I am not the tallest girl my feet still hung off the bed. Sighing, I turn to lay on my side and pull the blanket up to my chin.

 I try not to let my thoughts wander towards the darker end of this day. But my thoughts do. 

 Tears stream down my face as I think of what had happened to me. Men. Oh ,how I hate them. They were cruel.Why are they only fluent in violence?

 My eyelids soon grow heavy and the warm trickle of tears start to slow.

___

I jolt awake for the third time this night. The only difference is its light out. A small smile of relief spreads across my face. The sun means no more sleeping. For now at least...

I slip off the bed and pull on some shorts I had found in one of the drawers. I then tip toe out of the room and into the hallway that leads to the kitchen and living room. I walk into the kitchen and grab a pan that had been left on the counter.

 Padding softly to the refrigerator I pull out three eggs and take them back to the pan I left heating.

 Before I could crack the first egg a gruff voice asks," What are you doing up this early?"

I jump and in the process I drop the egg and my hand lands on the now hot pan.

  A whimper escapes me but I don't remove my hand because Xavier has my hand in his.He turns my hand over so my palm faces the ceiling. 

  " I did not mean to frighten you."

He examines my hand with a frown on is face. He lets go of my hand and looks at me. His vibrant green eyes bore into my coal colored ones. He wraps his arms around me and whispers over and over again that he was sorry and I would be okay.

I slip out of his grasp, uncomfortable of how close we had been just a moment ago. I ignore the pain in my hand as I busy myself with cleaning up the three cracked eggs that had fallen on the floor. 

Xavier takes the trash from my hands and throws it away," Let us go out to eat breakfast."

I nod my head,"...um.. just let me go and change..."

I turn away fro him and briskly walk out of the kitchen and into his bedroom.

Once I'm in his room I realize my mistake. I don't have any clothes....

A soft knock comes from the door and I mumble a ' come in'.

Xavier walks in already dressed in a pair of plain blue jeans and a gray crew neck t-shirt.He rubs the back of his neck as if he is nervous. I would've never guessed Xavier would be one to get nervous easily.

" Since you do not have any of your belongings here I was wondering if you would want me to take you back to your apartment to gather some things," he rushes out.

A small smile forces its way onto my face and I find myself nodding.

He smiles, but it quickly is gone and replaced by a frown.He motions me to follow him.I follow him to the balcony and he unfolds his wings. I once again get a glimpse of his large leathery wings.He swiftly gathers me into his arms and pushes up into the air.

He sores just above the trees.I look down and see people going about their business, totally oblivious to the other worldly creature flying above them.

" Why don't they see you, Xav?," the shortened version of his name just slips out along with my question.

" Mortals see what only what they want to see," he replies simply, ignoring the new nickname.

We near my apartment building and Xavier quickly dips and lands in the shadows of the trees.He walks toward the lobby not even bothering to fold his wings.He opens the door and walks past the doorman.I'm shocked that when the doorman looks up he is only surprised with my appearance. He doesn't spare a second glance at Xavier.

With my mouth hanging open I follow him to the elevator and then shortly after we enter we arrive at my apartment.

' Do not cross' tape is taped to my open apartment door.A lone police officer is in my living room looking over the blood stains.

Xavier motions me to stay put. I watch him walk up to the officer.A distraction. Smart. Once he distracts him enough I quickly duck under the tape and run to the hallway that leads to my bed room.

I wait for Xavier. He turns and enters the hallway not as stealthily as I thought he would be.

" What about the officer?" I whisper.

He shrugs and I move to see my living room.Low and behold Xavier had probably knocked him out because the officer lay on the floor unconscious.

I don't say a word and continue to my room. When I open my door a man sits on my bed and stares intently at me, but before I can say anything he says something.

" So, this is your mate..."

Which is soon followed with Xavier's stiff response,"Issac."

///////////////////////////////////////

A/N: sooooo hi. I actually really like how this chapter turned out. I hope its a good length for a chapter. Hope you guys like it. Till next time.

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW. 

IT ALSO WOULDN'T HURT TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES.

Thank you guys.