Chapter 09: My Heart Longs for You, Like a Deer Longs for Streams

Lu Wanwan, who is always late for everything, everywhere, and every date, miraculously wasn't late today. In fact, she arrived at the sports arena half an hour early.

Since it was Saturday, her three roommates also came along. Before coming, Lu Wanwan didn't know what kind of competition it was, but luckily Xiao Xiao and Liu Xinyi were fans of Ren Chu. They provided her with all the necessary information along the way, and Lu Wanwan got a general understanding.

It was a provincial-level college table tennis competition held in Qiandao City, lasting for half a month. It was said that there would be heavyweight guest judges for today's matches.

Their tickets were given by Ren Chu, front row and center, with an excellent view. Xiaoxiao and Liu Xinyi had also bought tickets for this match before, but they were in the back area and could barely see anything without looking at the big screen.

"I never thought I would have the chance to watch Ren Chu play a match up close in my lifetime!" exclaimed Xiaoxiao, neatly arranging the flowers in her hand and opening the light panel with Ren Chu's name on it.

"Wanwan, we love you. If you have any requests, just let us know, we'll fulfill them," Liu Xinyi said while holding two bundles of glow sticks in her hand.

Only Gu Qiao remained calm. She was holding an exercise workbook and casually said, "I advise you two to quickly put away these things, don't embarrass Wanwan."

Xiaoxiao and Liu Xinyi, as fans, couldn't understand. "Cheering for our idol is our duty. The school's fan club leader will inspect us when we go back!"

"You two are so dense. Our classmate Lu Wanwan, who was so afraid of getting involved with Ren Chu before, suddenly came to watch him play, and from such a close distance. There must be some secret between them that they don't want to reveal!" Gu Qiao speculated.

Lu Wanwan had to admire Gu Qiao. "You could become a paparazzi!"

Without denying it, which was equivalent to admitting it, Lu Wanwan sweetly smiled but refused to say anything when her roommates repeatedly asked.

All the audience members were seated, mostly girls, holding flowers and banners. The arena was filled with the glow of light panels, and a large portion of them had Ren Chu's name written on them.

The competition officially began, with no fancy opening performances. Two athletes came up on stage, without any hesitation, and started playing. Both boys had tall and elegant figures, looking quite refined. But once they started playing, their eyes became sharp and fierce, creating a stark contrast.

The second pair of participating athletes also had well-defined facial features, but their playing postures were somewhat peculiar. One of them wasn't particularly tall, but had a fair complexion. Occasionally, he would amuse himself with his own strange postures when receiving the ball, and he had two dimples on his face, making him incredibly cute. The atmosphere at the venue reached a climax, with the girls getting excited, their screams echoing, no less than a star concert.

It was Lu Wanwan's first time watching this kind of competition, experiencing this kind of atmosphere, and she felt a sense of excitement and was in a great mood.

They watched two more matches, equally exciting. Among them, there was also a student from Z University, and they all crazily cheered for that senior.

"The last pair is up, Ren Chu is here! Ahhh!" Xiao Xiao let out an excited howl and hugged Liu Xinyi. Lu Wanwan also started to feel a bit expectant, looking forward to seeing a different side of Ren Chu.

Ren Chu took the stage, facing off against a male student from the local sports college named Gao Ye. There were also supporters of this male student in the audience, shouting his name and cheering for him.