Chapter Three: The King Cobra

Nishiki could not remember everything that happened that led him without Kimi in his arms, seated on one of the wooden stools inside Anteiku and holding a cup of warm strong coffee.

"...you are! I..."

"...still okay."

"You should..."

"Let's...CCG."

"Careful now, we can't..."

"This way Nishiki, you have to..."

"...with Azel."

BOOM!

Red.

SWISH.

Blue.

THWACK!

Black.

SHWOOSH.

Yellow.

Sounds clash and buzz in his ear. He felt like he could only listen to the loudest noises and people are voiceless.

Lights swirled in his vision. He felt like he was watching a movie through a water whirlpool making his head spin.

"Haaah!" He threw his cup away and grabbed his head wildly. "KIMI!"

He never heard the cup clash with the wall and he never had the chance to stand up and look for the love of his life to make sure that she's still alive.

"Calm down, Nishiki." Yomo's grip on his shoulder was as firm as his voice.

He gave Nishiki's cup back without a drop of coffee spilling on the floor. On normal days, it would have amused Nishiki but this isn't a normal day.

"I need to see Kimi." He growled but he held his cup in his hands, its warmth did nothing to comfort him.

"Touka and Yoshimura-san will be here soon." Yomo said as he pulled another wooden stool next to where Nishiki is sitting and sat on it. "You need to have a clear mind when they get here."

"Tch!" Nishiki frowned and drank his coffee. His rational mind agrees with Yomo but it was just so hard to do when his heart is in panic. He could feel every vein in his body pulsing and pushing him to go kick the lights out of the man beside him.

Yomo is a man of few words so he just sat there beside the worried Romeo and kept his thoughts to himself. He was actually worried about Nishiki.

He and Nishiki might not be buddies like he and Uta but Nishiki became a part of Anteiku and everyone is family in Anteiku. If only he could use his strength to solve the guy's problem, he would. Unfortunately, Nishiki's situation is better handled by Yoshimura's wise head and Touka's pure heart.

A few more ticking of the clock's hands, Yomo quietly breathing and Nishiki drinking coffee, that pseudo-calm was cut with tension when the door to the living quarters opened.

"Nishiki." Yoshimura spoke calmly.

"Where... Where is Kimi?" Nishiki asked with better control over his wild raging emotions as he stood up.

Yomo watched with eyes that doesn't show any of his emotions but he inhaled deeply as he readied himself in case Nishiki goes berserk.

"I'm sorry."

Nishiki's eyes changed in to its bloodlust look and his kagune sprout out ready to destroy Anteiku and everyone in it just to make Yoshimura take back his words. "NO."