Prologue:Through The Serpent's Eyes

"I'd be happier if I died too."

Nishiki shook his head to clear his thoughts. He couldn't understand why his mind always comes back to those words every time he watches her perform on stage.

She's been living alone since her family died in an unfortunate plane accident until she and Nishiki met. With their way of living, they don't need a lot of money but she's a medical student in Kamii University while he's a pharmacy student... Even if Nishiki helps her in paying her tuition, it still wasn't enough for all their bills.

Nishiki watched as she swish her hips from side to side, wagging the ribbon at her back as if it was a feline's tail. He watched as other men throw money her way with every teasing pose she does with her barely clothed body. He watched as she pretend to be someone else.

As he looked at her, he couldn't see his Kimi.

Her hair wasn't short nor brown that's full of homey warmth but is also filled with edginess. It was long, thick and platinum blonde fixed in a sexy pin-up hair-do thanks to her wig.

She doesn't have a mole on her face but for her persona, she draws one below the outer corner of her eye where he loves kissing her when they go to sleep.

She's always wrapped up in long sleeved sweaters or dressed up in conservative outfits unlike on the stage where she wears tube-corset tops laced with ties and ribbons along with panties, stockings and gloves.

The last thing Nishiki misses and mourns when she's taking on the role of a love goddess was the shitty couple bracelet they have because it wouldn't go with her pearls.

Nishiki is starting to feel frustrated as he unconsciously crushed the bottle of beer he was holding. "Fvck."

Some men turned their heads to look at his direction with eager eyes. Aside from ogling their eyes on the bodies of women they will never have in real life, they also like watching men brawling over stupid things.

Unfortunately, Nishiki was just having an internal argument with himself so they just turned their heads back towards the girl whom he would have wanted to wrap in his shirt.

"Nishiki-kun." A girl in a stupid bunny outfit walked over to him and smiled.

He frowned thinking of another stupid bunny he wouldn't want to see anytime soon but then, he smoothed his face into an emotionless one before he looked at her. "What is it?"

"Azel will be done within five minutes." She said as she gave him a towel to clean up his hand that should have been wounded and bleeding. "She would like to see you waiting at the back stage."

It's been their routine to avoid other men to ask for her but it doesn't always work.

He stood up and followed the bunny at the back stage where other girl who would be performing are busy touching up their make-up or were even changing costumes butt-naked.

Some girls wink at him, jiggle their breasts, slap their asses, suck at their fingers while staring at him or play with their hair, vying for his attention but his eyes could only see one girl and he could even see through all the make-up she's put on her face.

"Nishiki." The girl immediately called out to him as she ran and hugged him tight making every other girl frown.

They hated her for some reason Nishiki doesn't know but he ignored them and hugged her back. "Let's go home Azel."

She looked at him with sad eyes. It's probably because she doesn't really like performing. Or maybe because of how Nishiki called her... He hated the name Azel for she feels like another girl and not his Kimi but whenever she's working, she prefers to be called Azel.

She then nodded her head, took off the bow attached to her lower back and walked towards her table while Nishiki followed behind her protectively.

She laid down her pearls and the bow on the table in front of the big mirror knocking down her perfume that smelled strongly of seduction which Nishiki hated so much. The perfume was meant for other men and not him.

She then picked up her dress coat from the chair and wore it tight around her slender body as Nishiki took her big bag and carried it on his shoulder, knowing that what's inside it was the proof that the girl in front of him is the same girl in his head.

"We'll be going now." She said as she waved at the bunny girl.

"See you tomorrow Azel." She said as she smiled and handed her a couple of bills which was the fruit of her lost dignity for the night.

"Thank you." She bowed as she stashed the money in to her pocket while Nishiki took her other hand and guided her out of the club.

"You should stop doing this..." He murmured as they turned around a corner. "I can get another job so I can help you-"

"Nishiki." She called out his name which sounded different to his ears. "We're okay. Stop worrying."

She reached out her hand and caressed his cheek. It was a different touch than what he used to feel but the warmth was just the same.

"I love you." He whispered as he picked her up in his arms.

"I love you too Nishiki." She replied. "I've always loved you all these time."

(Author's Note! <3)

Hey guys!
So...
What do you think?
Should I keep this story going or it seems blah?
Mehehe.
Anyways...
I hope I'll still see you guys next chapter!

Btw...
Next chapter would have lemons in it so if you're not yet allowed to drink tequila, don't try reading it bc I might ruin your life. XD

I warned you guys...

Plus...
You can still skip the next chapter and just read the next one after it. You'll still understand the story.

But the next chapter will still be important bc it would add so much feels for your little hearts that I would...
Hahaha!

Okay...
I've talked too much.

Bye bye!

PS

I don't own the anime and the characters involved in this fanfic but all other original characters and the storyline is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3