Part 17

Miko shakes her head as she tries to forget about that night. After they start this so called lovey-dovey relationship, Suisei has been treating Miko quite well, she didn't choke her nor did she hurt her. Suisei is taking care of her like any lover would. She kinda appreciated that but she still didn't trust or let her guard down around Suisei. She never can tell what the other person is actually thinking about. Miko watches Pekora trying her best to understand the situation. After a few seconds, Pekora looks at them and shows them a nervous yet a confused smile while saying, "Um.. congrats I guess?"

"Thank you, Pekora." Suisei smiled. Not a warm smile of course. Warning. It's a warning that Miko now belongs to her. So Pekora can't be together with her.
'Don't touch her.'
'She's mine now.'

Pekora definitely can guess Suisei thought by her expression alone. Silence fills the atmosphere inside the living room as they stare at each other, a cold beads of sweat running down from Pekora's forehead to her cheeks when finally Suisei starts talking about another topic. The conversation between the three of them is going well, in fact, too well. Miko noticed how Pekora kept glancing around the house as she blabbering whatever it was to Suisei.

After a while, Pekora decided to call it a day and went back home. Suisei went to put the cup away in the kitchen while Miko sent Pekora off at the front door. Before she can close the door, Pekora yanks her hand, pulling her outside the apartment.

"Pekora!? What are you doing?" Miko looks at Pekora in confusion as she tilts her head to the side.

"I'm sorry Mikochi. Before I go, please be honest with me. She didn't hurt you right? The mark on your hand, is it really a love mark? Are you really telling the truth?"

Miko gulps her saliva while she tries to convince Pekora that everything is okay. She smiled sweetly while talking in her usual playful tone. She didn't want to make the girl worry about her because she can be in danger. Who knows what will Suisei do if she told Pekora about it. Just thinking about it make her shudders.

"Don't worry Pekora. She didn't hurt me, she um has been taking good care of me. And yes it is true, this is um mark here is as a symbol of our love to each other the moment we started dating. We just love each other so much."

"Are you telling the truth?" Pekora grabs both of Miko's shoulders as she stares deep into her eyes.

"Yeah, I am. Why would I be lying about this? There are no benefits for me right?"

Pekora studies Miko's face for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"Fine. I'll believe you this time. But , if anything happens or if Sui-chan ever hurts you, just call me. I will come to help you as fast as I can. Because that's what friends are for right? Okay?" Pekora said while giving her a small smile but deep inside she felt sad and hurt. She doesn't want to be her friend, she wants to be her lover.

Miko nod her head, "Yes yes, I understand ."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

______________________

Fubuki looked at her phone, she kept scrolling and scrolling her picture with Mio. She misses Mio so much. It's been a few days since Mio disappeared. Fubuki has made a report at the police station but the police take this lightly and think that it is just a quarrel between lovers.

So today, Fubuki is determined to find her girlfriend. After finishing breakfast at her house in the morning, Fubuki left to go to Mio's apartment again. She has the spare key that Mio had given her when they first started dating to make it easier for Fubuki to visit Mio.

Once at Mio's apartment, Fubuki used the key and opened the door of Mio's house. Before, there was a bento box that fell in front of the shoe rack but Fubuki had already cleaned it up. As she walked into the house, Fubuki saw a comet-shaped blue decoration on the floor right in front of the shoe rack.