Friend

CHAPTER 1

Friend

I'm already awake but I still don't want to open my eyes.

This is how it feels like being hallow,

An empty shell without anything inside.

I was okay before him,

I used to jump from one relationship to another.

Being left and finding another lover was not new to me.

"He left me, He said he won't, but he still left. Akala ko iba siya but he was the same. 

Worst is that the pain he left me was new to me."

I whispered to myself, then I shrugged off.

Am I going crazy? I've been talking to myself these days.

I don't want to engage in conversation other than the conversation I have with myself.

Then I decided to open my eyes, it's already dark but I don't know what time it is.

Then I stood up and decided to take a bath,

It's been 2 weeks since I last took a bath, 

I haven't been taking care of myself.

Taking care of myself was the least of my concern, 

I don't even want to eat, 

and I've been losing weight.

I turned on the shower, didn't even mind taking off my clothes.

I was too lazy to do it.

Water fell from above drenching my head down to my clothes.

I felt the coldness of the water touching my skin...

Then...

The water falling from my head suddenly stopped,

I was looking down confused, I can still see splash of raindrops continue falling on my shoes.

But I can't feel it on my head,

I looked up and see someone holding an umbrella on top of my head,

The man holding the umbrella looks familiar.
Fair skinned, brown hair, angelic face.

"My Angel? Is that you?"

I said amused as I smile from ear to ear.

Minutes ago, I was feeling down and blue, but now after seeing this familiar face, my mood suddenly changed.

I was his confused face, his brow met at lito siyang bumaling sa akin.

"Sinong Angel?" He asked confused.

This is so embarrassing to admit, but I've been referring to him as my angel after the snatching incident.

He was the one who helped me, and I didn't even know his name that's why I've been calling him that way.

"You, Oh I'm sorry. I never had the chance to know your name and I am not sure if you still remember me, but you were the one who helped me when my phone got snatched. I never had the chance to ask your name or even say thank you. So now, let me do the honors of thanking you and for asking your name."

I said everything in one breath.

I was too excited to have this conversation with him,

after the incident I was really hoping to see him, and I've been rehearsing in my head what I'll say to him the moment I was given the chance to see him again.

"Ahh yeah, I remember, that's nothing.

I just can't endure seeing someone needing help and me doing nothing.

By the way, why are you speaking in English? Are you Korean?"

He asked.

"Do I look Korean?"

I always feel flattered being asked if I am Korean, most people mistakenly assume I am Korean because of my physical features so this is not new to me.

"Well, Yeah.. Aren't you?" he said.

"No I am not. I am Pinoy, DABAWENYA ako" I said proudly.

"Ahhh bakit ka fluent mag English kung kausapin ako? Dabawenya ka and you are in Davao in case you forgot Miss." He said annoyed.

"Sorry, I'm just used to speaking English because I grew up in Japan, I just speak Tagalog at home with my mom, but I am not used to it, so I speak in English. Don't worry I can understand Tagalog I am just not used to speaking it." I explained. Aside from the fact that people mistakenly assume I am Korean,

they also thought I am a snob or socialite when they knew I am a Filipino yet speak English most of the time.

"No, don't apologize. I should be the one to apologize.
I didn't know." He said apologetically.

"By the way, I am Crawford" He extended his arms while introducing his self.

"Elle" I said as I accepted his hand and shake it.

"Can we be friends?" I said happily, after dropping his hand from the handshake.

"Sure! But in one condition" he told me with his dark expression.

I can feel my brow raised after what he said.

"Try to speak Tagalog more, Nasa Davao tayo wala sa kana sa Japan, at kakapagod kaya magka kaibigan na Fluent Englisher" he said while laughing.

His face lit up, he looks like a real angel and he was even more handsome smiling.

I felt relieved hearing his condition, 

just when I thought I'll be taken advantage again.

"Sige susubukan ko sa abot ng aking makakaya" I said while chuckling.

He shook his head upon hearing my answer.

Well, this is an odd way to start a friendship.

And this is the first time I befriend someone from a rare chance encounter,

The person who saved me. The mysterious guy who came out of nowhere and helped me. 

Is now my FRIEND.

♥️This is my first time writing a Novel, I hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I love writing...
If you have any suggestions or comments regarding my writing style, please do comment to help me improve as a writer...
I will do my best to update this story everyday or at least every other day!!!
Thanks for the support!!!!