Past

Chapter 3

Past

I was so tired from the outburst of emotion I had.
It made me feel good to finally let out of the feeling that I bottled up for almost a year.

"Kain ka na" My sister told me as she began cleaning up my mess.

I went to the dinning table and put rice on my plate.
The soup wasn't hot anymore, but it still looks good.

I never realize how hungry I was until now that I am smelling the aroma of Sinigang.

I put a spoonful of rice in my mouth, and because of hunger I made a mess in my face.

Crawford removed the rice on the side of my mouth.

"Yagit." he said laughingly.

"Yagit na gwapa." I corrected him.

It's been months since we became friends.
He asked for my number after our umbrella moments.

Who would have thought that we'll be good friends.

At the age of 24 he's a graduating medical student at San Pedro College,

On the other hand, I am a 2nd year irregular student BS-Biology at the same College.

I was supposed to finish my undergraduate course at the age of 19 because I went to school early.

But, I went not only course hopping but also school hopping, hence at the age of 21 I am still struggling to finish my undergraduate course.

"Ker, when are you going to say yes to me?" I asked while laughing.

I call him Ker short for Kerubin, the Tagalog of Angel, after all he is my Angel.

"Next year" he told me seriously.

"I need to graduate first" he added.

"Pa hard to get booo!" I teased him.

We're just friends but I got feelings for him, who wouldn't develop feelings for this gentleman?

He was the gentlest person I know. 

Handsome, his angelic feature is perfect match for his character. 

He is indeed an angel.

"You know what, you should say yes while I still like you, you might regret it when you fall for me then I'll realize I no longer like you." I threatened him.

"When that happens, it'll be my turn to pursue you." He said in a serious tone.

"Amfeeling ng gago, uto-uto." I jokingly said because he's really serious when we're talking about things like this.

"Kumain ka na nga lang, gusto mo pa ng rice? Wait there I'll get water for you."

"Coke, Ker please." I said.
"Mamaya kana mag coke ang aga pa."

Crawford has been very busy with his studies these days as a graduating medical student.

But he still makes time for me, partida he's not my boyfriend yet.

Maybe he just pities me,

Knowing that I live alone without any family, 

and because he had a kind heart, 

he can't bear thinking about my situation.

"Oy, a penny for your thoughts?" He snapped at me when he returned from getting water.

"Tse! Bayad na ko" I said as I get money from my wallet.

"Tapos na po kamahalan." He told me as he stood up from his seat,