-9

~~~~~~~~~~

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~

Sleep came to me very hard last night. My mind was busy, thinking about different scandalous situations about me and Damon together.

His domineering persona really have me wrapped around his finger. To control my mind and body, he didn't need to be around. His thoughts were enough to control me.

I was at the bakery again, working my ass off, trying hard to kill the time. I was desparately waiting for the clock to display 8 pm, but it seems like the more I wanted the time to go quickly, the slower it went. It felt like I have been working for a few hours, when in reality, it has just been a little past an hour.

I sighed and continued dealing with the customers. As the time passed and the queue of the customers ended, I heard someone clear there throat at my side.

I turned to my side, to find Mallory staring at me, with a playful smile on her lips.

"Is someone coming to meet you, Lia?" She questioned me and I averted my gaze, knowing that she will catch my lie, if I look at her.

"No. Why do you ask?" I shot back a question at her.

"Because, you have been glaring at the clock for almost 2 hours now. So, I thought you must be waiting for someone." She let her playfulness slide in her words, letting me know, that she is aware something is happening. "Come on, Lia. It's been seven years. We are friends for seven years. You can tell me if there is something."

She told me in her gentle voice and I looked at her, contemplating, whether to confide in her or not.

"Or maybe there is someone, rather than something." Her playful grin returned to her face and I groaned inwardly.

"Don't. Don't you dare say there is no one. I have seen that handsome suit guy quite a few times with you."

"Um, that guy.....well he..he was just a fri....." I was looking for an excuse but she interrupted me.

"He is not. I know that much. That new guy, Carter,he told me yesterday that your boyfriend came to see you, and then you both left together." She raised her brows, challenging me to lie to her again.