Chapter 13: Union

Both teams have fulfilled their given mission. With the final members of the team being successfully recruited, and safely collected, they've been ordered to return to Bakugan City for some rest, recovery, and debriefing.

The girls arrived first thing in the morning. The private jet landed at the airport during the early hours. After being picked up by another limo, they are brought to Marucho's mansion, the main headquarters for the Battle Brawlers.

After a pleasant drive meant to act as an introductory tour for Queen and Luci, they pull up at the gates before parking out in front of the mansion's doors. Waiting outside by the steps in Kato, Marucho's butler, and long-time supporter of the original Battle Brawlers.

He bows as a form of greeting as the chauffeur helps them out of the limo. Queen's eyes become the size of dinner plates at the size of the mansion. Luci is only semi-surprised but is still fairly impressed.

"Welcome!" Kato does his best old man impression. "I hope your journey went well, and that you didn't get into trouble while away."

Raven can't help herself but scoff, amused by all of this. "What up, Jeeves? Did you come with the mansion?"

Kato just takes it to in stride, having experience with boutrus characters. "Pleased to make your aquitense. My name is Kato, and I've been with the Marukura family for many years, and have assisted Master Marucho in all of his endeavors. Even the world-ending ones."

His matter-of-fact approach silenced Queen for the moment. Mei Fan approaches him next, "Speaking of Master Marucho, where is he?"

"Do not threat. I have been asked to meet with you here to bring you inside to see him. And don't worry about your belongings, they will be taken care of. Now, shall we?" He gestures to the door before leading the trip inside.

It's all the same to Mei, having been here many times in the past, while Queen and Luci have varying reactions to the interior of the mansion, all ranging in levels of amazement and bewilderment.

Kato brings them to one of Marucho's offices on one of the top floors. After knocking twice, they are called in. Kato opens the door to allow the girls to enter, but waits outside, closing the door. Sat at his desk, Marucho isn't alone. Waiting on the desk itself are three Aquos Bakugan, all former partners of Marucho. Preyas, his first partner, Minx Elfin, his second partner, and girlfriend of Preyas, and Infinity Trister, a Bakugan from the planet Gundalia.

Marucho smiles as they walk in, happy to see Queen with the others. "Welcome. I hope you enjoyed the ride. I thought it would be good after a long flight to help ease you into things."

Queen again is the first to react, "Between the private jet, two limo rides, and the size of this mansion, I'm thinking I should go window shopping for a rich husband to get used to this lifestyle."

Luci speaks up, "Trust me. After a while, you'll grow sick of them, and wish for something normal."

Mei clears her throat before speaking herself, "The jet ride, and limo were both excellent Master Marucho."Twister looks over the three girls before turning back to Marucho. "You sure know how to pick them. Hey, Maruch?"

Preyas rolls over on the table, Elfin following behind. "Hey, Mei Fan! It's nice to see you again. 

How's it hanging?" He turns to Elfin. "Elfin, this is Mei Fan. The girl I told you about from the train. She's a really strong Brawler."

"Is she now?" Elfin flies up from the table to meet Mei face to face, inches from each other. 

"Hmm!" She backs off after a bit, "She definitely has a strong look in her eyes, so I'll take your word. Besides, if Marucho vouchs for them, who am I to say otherwise."