Chapter 7: Pieces in Place

Battle Brawler Headquarters, one of the city's main buildings, and a hot spot for tourists, when allowed on the grounds. It is the current residents for what remains of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers. What started out as just a group of friends from over the globe during the early days of Bakugan coming to Earth, they are responsible for saving the Earth, and other worlds time again. Growing in members, what started out as just six kids, has become something larger, and much grander than they realize, having members from different worlds joining their ranks to save their own worlds. While they all come from different walks of life, some not even being human, and others originally being their adversaries, they are all united in their love for Bakugan.

Many of the original brawlers have a home in Bakugan City, although most of them haven't had the need to take up brawling for some time, not since their leader and his partner Bakugan left the city to start their own solo adventure.

Mei Fan is currently at the headquarters. She's dressed rather formally, wearing a lime-green ao dai. She stands in a long corridor, waiting outside a large set of double doors. She hears a voice from the other side, "Ms. Fan? You may come in now." Mei takes a deep breath before entering the room.

The room is a large office space, with bookshelves, a large hard oak desk, massive window with a garden view, this room was made for someone into the higher things in life. Sat behind the desk is Marucho Marukura, one of the founding members of the battle brawlers, an active member of the team since the beginning and a current backer of Bakugan City.

Marucho is wearing a light navy suit with a dress suit underneath. Sitting on his desk are three blue Bakugan, resting beside his computer monitor. Two spherical and one prism-shaped. Marucho smiles upon seeing Mei enter his office. He adjusts his glasses before pulling his chair out to speak to her, "Thank you for coming, Ms.Fan. I'm glad to see that you could make it."

Mei bows slightly to greet him, "Thank you for having me, sir." She straightens herself out. Her partner Cangdi leaps out from a pocket on the leg. Mei catches him in her palm. "It's an honour to see you today, Master Marucho," Cangdi springs out of its spherical form and nods their head in politeness.

"Please, you don't need to be so formal. I'm glad to finally put a face to your name. I've been following your work via your field reports," Marucho sits up in his chair and rests his head on his hands. "I'm sure you're wondering why I've asked you here on such short notice."

"Yes, sir. It was a surprise to be certain," Mei speaks respectfully towards Marucho, Cangdi sits in her hand quietly. "I was just thinking about my training when I received your summons to see you."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I felt like this was something too important to just be said to you over the phone," Marucho has a cheerful expression on his face, "I've had a look at your application for the position as one of the city's Vanguards. While I've had a fair amount of applicants both in and out of the city for a spot, I believe that you have what it takes to join."

Mei's eyes widen. While she maintains her blank expression, when Cangdi looks over his shoulder to look up at Mei, he recognizes the look in her eye, "...Hmm." Mei keeps her cool head as she responds, "Thank you, sir, that means a lot."

"Great! I have a few forms, and documents I need you to look over, and when we're done with that, we can get you your key to your new room," Marucho is chuffed for Mei, happy to have a new member on the team. "If you can give me a day, I can have them all sent over to your current residents, and I'll give you time to get your affairs in order. I still have another agent in the run for a position, so I'd like it for both of you to be here at the same time to build up on your teamwork."

The meeting between the two continues until lunchtime, by then, it was set in stone Mei's new place as a member of the battle brawlers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------