Chapter 9: The Party's First Boss

The Master hovers over the brawlers. Taking the form of Naga, they stare down the few that survived a battle with his army. "Hmm, I'd say you'd prove to be enough challenge for me. Come, battle me if you dare!" Despite appearances, they keep their original voice, much to Julie's surprise.

"That's not the real Naga, Gorem." Julie looks to her partner for guidance, "What should we do?" "It seems that if we're to get out of this, then we need to fight." Julie smiles before grasping her partner tight. Like a pitcher, she tosses Gorem over the other's shoulders and onto the battlefield, "Bakugan, Brawl! Stand, Hammer Gorem!"

Everyone takes a step back when Julie calls on her partner, Hammer Gorem. Gorem is one of the tallest Bakugan alive, wielding a large two-sided hammer. "Let's show them that we've still got it, Gorem." [600Gs]

Caleb is in awe, "Hammer Gorem! It's been years since I've seen him in action. Julie's got this in the bag!" While Caleb is optimistic, Jayden uses his gauntlet to examine the new Bakugan. "Let's hope so, this 'Naga' Bakugan has 1000Gs, alone!"

"Oh don't you worry hon, I've still got this," Julie pulls out two cards from her pocket, "Double Ability, let's go! Grand Impact, then Gorem Punch!" With Julie's combination of abilities, she weakens 'Naga', while strengthening Gorem. [1000Gs] Gorem transfers some of 'Naga's' G power over to him, giving him the advantage. [700Gs]

Gripping their weapon tight, they strike 'Naga' down. They crash into the floor before Gorem comes in for another attack, "Go back to the Doom Dimension!"

'Naga' lays there, playing dead. They open their eyes before the attack connects, "Bottom Zero!" Using one of their abilities, Gorem is brought down to their knees. [700Gs] "This ability will subtract 300Gs from your power. Now, Silent Down! I absorb your Grand Impact ability." [600Gs] Gorem loses even more G power while 'Naga' is nearly brought back to full strength. [900Gs]

They charge up a single blast in the sphere on their chest before firing it point-blank on Gorem. In one attack, Gorem is defeated. The shockwave sends Julie back. Luci is quick to come to her rescue, catching her in the air, as well as Gorem once reverted to ball form.

"That power," Jayden remarks, impressed by the strength shown. "It just let her attack first to learn what she could do," Mei Fan explains. "I also don't think it'll be satisfied with just one battle."

Caleb comes to Julie's side. Luci sets her down against a wall, "Julie, are you okay? Gorem, how about you?" Julie raises her hand, placing it on his shoulder, "I got too carried away I think." She passes out in Luci's arms.

Enraged, Caleb turns to the others. He gets up and charges for them, grabbing Jayden, he pulls him closer to Mei, "Right. I don't you, and I know you and I aren't really friends, but I know you're both strong brawlers. Please lend me your strength to take this monster out. Can I count on you?"

"Hmm," Jayden says with a smirk, "What do you think Wolfie? Want to play hero?" "A noble warrior fights with heart and soul for justice. I'll gladly take that role." Jayden's smirk becomes a smile as he turns to Caleb, and nods.

Mei grasps Cangdi. "It is my role to protect the peace of Bakugan City for people and Bakugan alike. If they're the ones disrupting that peace, then I'll fight."

With all three brawlers in agreement, they grasp their partners, and in unison call out, "Bakugan Brawl!" "Stand! Pyrus Omega Leonidas!" "Come out! Darkus Beowulf!" "Arise, Ventus Cangdi!" All three Bakugan stand ready to fight the imposter dragon. [600Gs x 3]

"Ability activate, Lost Breaker! With this, Leonidas's power is doubled as long as he is less than 1000Gs." Leonidas's body starts sparking, his body radiates with more power. "Go get him, Leo!" [1200Gs]